ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 EM Flashing, intermittant power.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Afternoon all,

Hope someone can give me an idea of what this problem might be! (Car was fine yesterday)

Started it up this morning to take my bro to the train station, set off all no problems, then the EM light starts flashing, I clearly get a few misfires / exhaust pops then when I change gear and apply some throttle it judders along as if the clutch is slipping or as if its about to cut out, I ease off the throttle and everything returns to normal (EM light still flashing).

I pull over slip it into neutral and gently apply some revs and it almost cuts out then revs absolutely fine and the EM light goes off. I set off again, 5 mins up the road it all happens again but without the EM light. If I apply some power it judders as if its struggling, if I ease off and apply again and then its fine?!

EM light flashes for about a minute then goes off and its either all fine again or its juddering. No abnormal noises from the engine, but the exhaust note sounds off, the sound is like water dropping on a hot pipe or fizzy pop in a glass.

Just seems really strange that its come out of nowhere! Hope someone can help!

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Seems like the popping and sputtering are coming from the CAT... Maybe thats it?! Any ideas anyone?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Needs plugging in Dean. Pop in and I'll take a look for you.

Probably a coil or injector at fault but best to be safe.

Mick