ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ENGINE CONVERSION WIRING

Sunflower PH1
Hi looking for some help/advice if possible,i've just finished converting my 2004 1.2 16v clio to a 182 replica and i need some help with the wiring,i have the 2003 172 engine running on a 2005 182 ECU etc and it starts and runs but its not right and i have no elec power steering which i want to keep.
I'm using the 172 engine loom and the cars original 1.2 dash loom,all i've done for now is plug the looms together which is enough for it to run but with the management light on and its not quite right and the steering light is on and not working,has anyone done it before or is there wiring diagrams available for both looms to ease the job before i start swapping wires about,thanks

Cro

Meg'd r27
I didnt think the engine would run with the 182 ecu because of the different air/fuel ratios or something. I put the pas into mine the electric was wayyyyyyyyy to light and thought I probably would have stacked it! Think Fred knows how to keep the electric!

Sunflower PH1
Yeh it may turn out to be too light for me also but i'd like to try it first,the 172 and 182 engines are the same and i've fitted the 182 ex man etc aswell,the pins on the 172 loom fit the 182 ecu ok so it works fine

LY 182
fred had a go and couldnt get his head round it iirc

i had a look at it and just couldnt be bothered so binned it lol

search 172 conversion all the pinout data is there for the pas calculator if you are using a 1.2 dash loom i think its just going to be a case of putting a live and an earth to the rack itself (you will have noticed the 1*2 engine loom didnt have this)

just pull the 1.2 engine loom tape off trace out the rack bits and plug them in to the 1*2 fuse box the spaces are already there simple

Sunflower PH1
the electrics to the rack are not in the engine loom on the 1.2 either,none of the wiring for the steering gets touched when changing the engine other than where they join in the fusebox,the main 80A live and earth are still joined in the fusebox but its not enough for the steering to work so i must need to alter the wiring in the fusebox somewhat

Sunflower PH1
as you say ditz i'll have a look at where the wires from the rack are ending and slot them into the gaps in the 172 fusebox hopefully