ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Engine Lifetime

Andyl20

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All. New to the forum. I’m in the market for a cheap and cheerful 182 to be used as a road legal track day car. Budget is tight (£1500-£2000 max). For this most cars have in excess of 110k miles. As I have no real experience with these cars I wanted to ask whether there’s a realistic lifetime on the engine? I know there are many factors to this based upon how well said engines are maintained, but assuming one is found with a good service history is there a recognised mileage where bigger jobs need to be factored in to refresh internals (bearings, rings, valves etc.)? I’m aware to look for belts, pulleys and dephaser. This is more around any major internal maintenance.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Mines on 211k miles now, engine never been opened, used every day and occasional trackday.

It's gets belts when it needs belts, filters when it needs filters, plugs when it needs..... well you get the idea. I change the oil and filter every 6k miles aswell

dawgtired

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk2 Ph2 172 van
My PH1 is on 186K never engine touched apart from belts and its used every day, retired track b**ch but driven hard most days.
Same as Coops, oil and filter every 6k.