ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust on megane mk1

Clio 2 cup racer
Ok, I know and searched around here and found a 182 exhaust manifold will not fit a mk1 clio, so I recon it won't fit my megane mk1 either.

Got a complete engine F4R laying here to fit in my megane cup, but I'm struggling with the exhaust. I have a 182 manifold laying here. What do I need to modify to make this fit? my subframe or my chassis?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Firstly, assume nothing. Only way to tell is try it. Everyone said the subframe had to come off the 172 to fit the 182 manifold, even with the engine out. Mine popped in with zero effort.

Clio 2 cup racer
with engine in is impossible, i dismounted it from engine once, lifted the engine and then it's in your hands :)

BUT a clio mk2 is no megane, I will try to fit it this weekend, really hope it fits but I don't think it will without using the grinder for my subframe / chassis, still not a big problem though

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
chassis will no doubt be in the way.

do you hyave a phase 1 or phase 2 subframe on it? you may be lucky with the phase 2 subframe but theres no way youl do it with a phase 1

Clio 2 cup racer
got a cup megane, think the shape is like ph1 2.0 16v megane.

subframe is no big problem, i can modify that with a grinder and weld a new plate in it. if I have to modify the chassis that would not be as easy..

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
you have the phase 1 subframe then. find yourself a phase 2 subframe and you should have enough rrom between chassis and subframe

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
With the engine out Danny? I'd be really pissed off if you've found some magic way of managing it with the engine in situ!!

yeah with engine out. Just thought "lets try it" one afternoon. just went straight through the hole

Clio 2 cup racer
you have the phase 1 subframe then. find yourself a phase 2 subframe and you should have enough rrom between chassis and subframe

not possible, cup subframe is wider. will chop something out then.

Will update when it's fitted (or if it really won't fit)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
youl loose soo much stregnth cutting out that much of the rear of the subframe!

the phase 2 frame is straight iirc, where as the phase 1 frame bends upwards to acomodate the exhaust downpipe going underneath it.

your best bet would probably be to get a phase 2 frame and cop the rear beam of it out and weld it in place on your cup frame

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
just has a thought... the non sport f4r in the megane phase 2 will have a manifold that fits. wether or not its as good as the sport manifold i dont know

Clio 2 cup racer
I know, but thats not a good manifold..

I have the parts laying ready, will update when I have it fitted :)

Clio 2 cup racer
ok it fits:

img20120102110038.th.jpg

img20120102110022.th.jpg

img20120102161928.th.jpg

didn't have to adjust anything, only needed a stabilisation bar from a clio 2 rs :)