ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust ... Whistle?

Clio Sport 182
Ive got the Miltek twin exauhst, stainless cat back system. When you put your foot down you can hear this whistling, sounds sort of like a turbo spooling .. Is this normal? Ive been told its normal for twin exauhsts to do it .. Dose this happen to anyone else? Lol.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re: 182 Exauhst ... Whistle?

Not to insult you but might it be a wheel bearing rather than exhaust related?

2003 clio 172

My car make a whistle sound like this but i only got a single exit exhaust. and my bearing have all been changed

182 FF Arctic

Ive got the Miltek twin exauhst, stainless cat back system. When you put your foot down you can hear this whistling, sounds sort of like a turbo spooling .. Is this normal? Ive been told its normal for twin exauhsts to do it .. Dose this happen to anyone else? Lol.

my miltek does this too it seems to go after 5000 rpm

Yozz'd up 182

Could be a crack in the exhausts? Think miltek had a bad batch and a few on here have had cracked exhausts from miltek.

182 Trophy

Sounds like it could be an air leak on the manifold/cat joint. Happened on mine, just replaced the sealing ring & it was fine.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
1v just bought a 182 with packs, nearly 2 week ago now,..and i put a milltek decat on HER :), MI MISSES,.....coz the standard that was on HER:), was ready for going 2 holes in the back boxes nearly, anyway i noticed 2night , with head out of window,i can hear a slight whistle noise, on / off,

so i'm also abit baffled :clown:,........ideas any 1 plz,

cheers marcus.

Listerine & Poledo
1v just bought a 182 with packs, nearly 2 week ago now,..and i put a milltek decat on HER :), MI MISSES,.....coz the standard that was on HER:), was ready for going 2 holes in the back boxes nearly, anyway i noticed 2night , with head out of window,i can hear a slight whistle noise, on / off,

so i'm also abit baffled :clown:,........ideas any 1 plz,

cheers marcus.

I'm not sure that I understand quite what you are saying sir

Last edited:

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
I'm not sure that I understand quite what you are saying sir

just trying to say that i can hear a little whistling noise coming from the front end,
i can ear it wen the window is down,.and just wanted to kno if any1 had the same noise,
u probly got lost in all my babble, sorry im murder for that,

anyway i will find out 2mw if it was the milltek not being sealed properly,.coz i phoned insurance to let them kno about the new mod ie s/s exhuast
but they came back with no its a decline so it as to come off, GUTTED coz the milltek decat sounds the bizzzznesssss,
so got to fitt standard back on 2mw and i will see if the whistling stops??.

marcus.