ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust

rb182 cup
my exhaust needs changing (its a 2005)....can anyone recommend a decent exhaust make without being stupidly expensive

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would say Pro-Speed in Cardiff...but then I'm biased as I've had 2 off them for a 172Cup and a 182.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Prospeed are quality. They did my first 182 in 2004 and it was one of their first ever exhausts made from a jig to be sent out via courier. Was a superb fitment and the sound was very nice too.

dsc002942kj.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Not sure if they still have the jig to allow deliveries, I think it now has to be fitted there and then.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Prospeed are quality. They did my first 182 in 2004 and it was one of their first ever exhausts made from a jig to be sent out via courier. Was a superb fitment and the sound was very nice too.

dsc002942kj.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Not sure if they still have the jig to allow deliveries, I think it now has to be fitted there and then.

Yeah...they will do it on your motor there and then, or you have to get someone with same car willing to do effectively a dual sitting...one for you (mail order customer) and one for them...which would take pne hell of a long time

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
2nd hand yoz would be a good buy but new I think they are £469 and called JP exhausts from ktec. (they are loud-ish though lol)

A janspeed is a good buy with a warranty within that price as well which you can't go wrong with :) glen does have one and does a lot of motorway miles and I haven't heard him complain about it :)

Then you also have piper and ktec ultra exhausts, both good but both on par with the yoz for sound level (piper fits very very well though :)) both very good for the money IMO as well

I know it's a little more, but i've just got a milltek cat back (regardless of what some may say lol) for £395 delivered from revolution motorstore near newcastle which is believe is about £50-60 cheaper than most other places.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye I forgot about the miltek, not a bad choice as well tbh and there's also the scorpion 192 with slash cut pipes and the normal piped scorpion!

Theres shed loads out there tbh dude, if you want loud it has to be the yoz, piper or ktec ultra with a decat (decat yozza is for winners iirc ;))
If you want quiet-er you want to look at the janspeed and the scorpion 192 as well as keeping your cat :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Yoz is definitely the raspiest of the exhausts on offer. The Milltek can sound a little tame in comparison I think, and a few folk complain about the fitting/hanging and welds. There's some great vids on Youtube of both.

Orbisound are the most expensive (around £1000), but I'm unsure on the sound or fit quality.