ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 failed on emissions

alfa gt jtd
I have a lovely orange 182 (to match the colour of my hair) and today it failed its mot on the CO emissions. Everything else emission wise passed. The levels were as follows
Fast idle: 1.08% 2nd fast idle:0.79% idle:0.74%

I have a scorpion exhaust fitted with a sports cat. So does anybody have any tips on how to get the car to pass or what could be causing it to fail.

Thank you

Arctic Blue 182
Not massively helpful this as there may be mechanical bits you can do but mine always fails first time and then I get him to gun the s**t out of it and test again. Always passes then!

Sports cat and some sort of 2.5inch aftermarket exhaust too.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
How hot was the exhaust and cat? Mine failed at first a spirited drive and bingo pass

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Has anybody used cataclean? Claims it can reduce emissions by 60% sounds too good to be true?

Don't know what it is - but no. Just no.

Get the car hot. And I mean HOT...

Go for a 20+ min drive before going directly to the MOT centre. Be in a gear or two lower than you should be everywhere. Get it stinking hot - job done.

You can see the thing wasn't nearly warm enough as the emissions are coming down and down on further tests.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My 182 has had to have seven shades of s**t knocked out of it. On idle before run, big fat fail. MOT tester takes her for a blat and she comes back and passes.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Had mine Terraclean treated recently before the test. CO was zero and HC was 6. Last year I also struggled with emissions but it did pass.
Has Scorpion cat back exhaust on it and performance air filter element in 172 air box.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Its a good idea to get the engine nice and hot on the way to the test. Take it for a blast and rev it hard through the gears a few times to clear the carbon out of it. And use decent fuel like V power or Tesco Optimum.