ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 faults starting to show

Ive had my 182 since June, have covered nearly 8000 miles its finally starting to show a few of the well known faults.

1) Exhaust now blowing badly, happened the other day at about 5k in third just pulling nicely and the note suddenly changed.

2) Occasional 3 bleeps on arming the alarm. Done this since new but not a major hassel

3) SERV ABS TC lights come on if you feather the brake pedal at low speeds. One for its first service.

4) Big crack in the windscreen appeared at the start of the cold weather and is now approx 8 inches long.

5) Back wiper doesnt work occasionally

6) Engine mount knock front right... another for the service

7) Remote locking only works from the side or the rear. Doesnt work from the front!!!

Other than that its holding together pretty well. Tyres still have a pattern on them and brakes are good. Generally get 30+ MPG and in the wet almost any car in front is in the way around the corners. Even if Im just bumbling along the grip makes it seem the car in front is cornering incomprehensably slow.

Shame the build quality isnt a little better but there again for 12.4k you have to expect the odd minor issue. Would buy another one but have 2 years worth of warrently to enjoy and a car getting more responsive by the day.

Regards

D

not had any of these myself and i am at 6.6k mile

A few rattles but i am realistic and dont expect a 20k car for 12k.

Sorry to hear of your troubles

200 cup (van blanc)

my 182 has now done 15500m since May - only faults so far

headlight washers leaking

sh***ed windscreen wiper

exhaust clunks & rattles

needs some new boots soon!!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

whay have the sport models been so bad??

i vehad a 1.6 dynamique for over 2 years from and all its had done is the sunroof which was done in a day, no other probs but the rattles which u expect cos it french!

think mine is a really good car!

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 07 March 2005

not had any of these myself and i am at 6.6k mile

A few rattles but i am realistic and dont expect a 20k car for 12k.

Sorry to hear of your troubles
or if you look at it another way, who wants to spend 12k + on a new car and get all those problems, coz i personally think its out of order

Mine rattles less since I had the top of the dash off to fit wires for the snooper. A little Mr Sheen on all those edges goes a long way

Just done 500 miles.

Cruise control switch packed in already. Only two day wait for new one though.

Bad rattles and squeeks from dash when car is cold.

Other than that.............. well impressed.

if i could find something same age, and similar cost /speed/ fun etc i would be off like a shot, but at the moment i cant

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 07 March 2005

if i could find something same age, and similar cost /speed/ fun etc i would be off like a shot, but at the moment i cant

I was looking in Seat today at the Ibiza Cupra (new model)... What a lot of car for the money! had a special offer on too, 1,000 pounds off. 180 bhp TT engined pertrol and 160bhp diesel. Id fancy one of these!

Just a thought mate.............

^^yeh i started a post a while ago about getting one, i got a mixed response tho, i like them, were did you see the one with 1k of, and what did that make it ??

Vee dub

182 blue - it was in Cheltenham

I think, that made the price £14,000 (maybe wrong i will check)

Looked lovely, they had it in black (best), red and yellow.

I really like them

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 07 March 2005

182 blue - it was in Cheltenham

I think, that made the price £14,000 (maybe wrong i will check)

Looked lovely, they had it in black (best), red and yellow.

I really like them

thx for that

89 Supra Turbo

ive got a clio 182 cat started blowing at 4500mile got it changed on warrnty tryed to bill me for it as well but told them where they could ram it

> 3) SERV ABS TC lights come on if you feather the brake pedal at low speeds. One for its first service.

I had this problem with my 182. First showed up in snow and ice - great time to loose your ABS and traction control. My dealer initially put it down to a dodgy fuse. The problem reappeared and they took the car in for a week to try and sort this problem (and many others). In the end the problem was that the brake light sensor switch had been calabrated incorrectly, so that too much pressure was needed to light the brake lights. The ABS system performs integrity checking, saw that the brakes were applied, but no brake lights were lit and saw an error. Hope this helps - maybe armed with this you wont loose your car for a week...

I have now done 4.5K miles in mine. The main issues I have had have been rattling from the interior (mainly the dash and drivers door), a docking from the exhaust on tidle when hot and an annoying clicking from the clutch pedal on return. The dealer has looked at reported problems and given really good service on the whole. At the end of the day it is (relatively speaking) a cheap french car, but one with a great performance that can always put a smile on my face if driven appropriately hard.