ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 First service cost

Recaro + Cupped 182
Hello,

Just got my 182, its currentl at 10.5k and will need a service soon, just got quoted £220 for this from a renault dealer in bristol and weston. to me that sounds like bmw money!

Is it best to get this done at a dealer ship or does it not matter to much?

Cheers

Meg on pistonheads £6995
as long as u go to VAT reg'd dealer and use genuine parts, can keep warranty.

I did - Reno £292, local garage (with far better service) £109!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i got mine doen at a renault gargae for 140 quid. supplied my own oil.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
SJ Cooks in Bristol did my 24k service and that was about £190.

Try Platinum Renault in Bath or Chippenham.

All the stealers charge big money for labour.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Did you get it from Peformance Point in Bedminster?

That's my mates old car, which he traded in for the Black/Gold 225 they had.

I saw by Nailsea the other day.

Recaro + Cupped 182
cheers for that, ill give them a ring!

yeah, thats mine, performane point seemed like a good bunch to me, knew more about the car than renault did! did your mate put the stripes on? did he have any grief with the car at all? was there ever a splitter at the front?

Are you in nailsea to?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
He had the strips put on the car before he even driven it.

It was bought from SJ Cooks in Bristol Last June '05' and had a private out on it straight away.

It's had a easy life, my Sister drove it all the time as her and my mate are together.

Nope it's never been back for anything, I believe he paid for a 5 year warranty with it too.

Good little car I drove from time to time.

He definately had both cup packs fitted when he bought it.

If you don't mine me asking, how much did you pay for it as I know how much they gave him.

I work in Nailsea

FF 182 w/cup packs
So where do you live then Brooko? are you new 182 i've see driving around Weston once or twice?

Recaro + Cupped 182
no, i havent been to weston yet! ive got an 05 plate black gold fella with grey asbo stripes, which may have to go!

FF 182 w/cup packs
i'll keep an eye out, i've got a 05 silver full fat 182 with cups, ohh and my roofbars/bike rack on atm. let us know the outcome of the service as mine is due soon, was just gonna take it to Weston.

Recaro + Cupped 182
Dan 172 said:
He had the strips put on the car before he even driven it.

It was bought from SJ Cooks in Bristol Last June '05' and had a private out on it straight away.

It's had a easy life, my Sister drove it all the time as her and my mate are together.

Nope it's never been back for anything, I believe he paid for a 5 year warranty with it too.

Good little car I drove from time to time.

He definately had both cup packs fitted when he bought it.

If you don't mine me asking, how much did you pay for it as I know how much they gave him.

I Got it for 9.6k in the end, he really didnt wabnt to move much on the price, how much did he get? would i be able to reclaim the 5 year warranty?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
They lost out then and you did well.

£10.5k for the trade in on the 182, but he paid the full 14k for the 225.

It should be paid on the car, ask renault when the warranty runs out when you take it in. (I think he did anyway?)

The Recaro's are awesome, a shame about the rear seats though.

Recaro + Cupped 182
wston quoted around £250 if i remember correctly, apparntly the air con pushes the price up

Rage182 said:
i'll keep an eye out, i've got a 05 silver full fat 182 with cups, ohh and my roofbars/bike rack on atm. let us know the outcome of the service as mine is due soon, was just gonna take it to Weston.

Recaro + Cupped 182
Its a sacrafice im willing to accept! not keen on having no rear headrests tho, if i got rear ended with passengers, not nice for them

Dan 172 said:
They lost out then and you did well.

£10.5k for the trade in on the 182, but he paid the full 14k for the 225.

It should be paid on the car, ask renault when the warranty runs out when you take it in. (I think he did anyway?)

The Recaro's are awesome, a shame about the rear seats though.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
The air con makes no difference on the first service, maybe apart from a £10 pollen filter.

Recaro + Cupped 182
Dan 172 said:
The air con makes no difference on the first service, maybe apart from a £10 pollen filter.

good to know, im starting to feel like im going to get shafted over this, mind you every 12k/2 years isnt to bad

Renaultsport Clio 182
I haggled with local dealer down from £240 to £195, still daylight robbery considering what they do.