ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 fix up make good

182 BG
Hello all back again after a year or so away from a Clio. To be honest I regretted selling my 172 straight away but at the time it had to go..... End of the sob story spotted this 182 on eBay and decided to dip my feet back in. I got it cheap because of a misfire I'm told that cylinder 3 is down on compression roughly 100psi and the others are showing 160psi I haven't actually had chance to look at it yet but I bought the car planning to swap out the engine. Plans are fairly minimal at the moment I want to get it running properly and tidy it up. It's got a miltek cat back exhaust and lowered

image_1.jpg
image.jpg

182 BG
Had abit of free tinker time today so I decided to swap injector/lead/plug from cylinder 2 to 3 it had a stored code of misfire cylinder 3 so I cleared it started it again just to check it comes back as cylinder 3 and it did so I swapped anything over noticed odds and sods but bolted it all back up and the misfire is now on cylinder 2 :) so time to see my friend at Eurocar parts and get a new injector set of leads and plugs

182 BG
Few pics from today
image_3.jpg

Lots of oil everywhere I found the oil plate ontop of the rocker had a few loose bolts. Will clean it all up when I get my new bits tomorrow. Also took a picture of the plugs somethings clearly not quite right!

image_4.jpg

This was the fault code before I swapped a few bits around
image_5.jpg

And this was what it gave me after I swapped the injector/plug/lead from cylinder 3 onto cylinder 2

image.jpg

182 BG
Right a little update....... she's purring lovely I fitted new plugs, injector and leads I'm well chuffed! Did a headlight resto as well but not taken any pics yet.

Next job is brakes

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Apologies for hi jacking, does look to be a nice clean example and well done finding the issue and not having to swap the engine

@Alastair. are you on about the one from a couple of weeks back that was 750 buy it now?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Apologies for hi jacking, does look to be a nice clean example and well done finding the issue and not having to swap the engine

@Alastair. are you on about the one from a couple of weeks back that was 750 buy it now?

May have been, I'm sure it's was near the Westbury area.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
May have been, I'm sure it's was near the Westbury area.

That's the one, was in devizes. Ended up buying myself for a mate, literally just got it running earlier today after swapping engine over and doing belts and dephaser

Polishing the headlights makes a huge difference doesn't it @Damon65

182 BG
That's the one, was in devizes. Ended up buying myself for a mate, literally just got it running earlier today after swapping engine over and doing belts and dephaser

Polishing the headlights makes a huge difference doesn't it @Damon65
Totally!! didn't take long either

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I did mine last weekend, took about 20 minutes a side (I took mine off the car as well as they were really bad) and couldn't believe how well they came up

182 BG
Amazing difference.

Had a nice parcel turn up today with a race dogbone mount from Evol engineering can't wait to get it bolted up was a bargain aswell! Also purchased a ram air filter with the 90degree elbow hopefully have these fitted next weekend.

182 BG
Starting to notice a few niggles, starting with a slight blow from the exhaust sounds like the cat to centre section join I do have a decat to bolt on but have read mixed reviews on them so I might just see where it's leaking and address it. Needs a new bottom ball joint ( luckily I have one already from a previous Clio) it's the time that every f4r engined Clio is afraid of.....cambelt time