ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Flat battery

MINI JCW
A few days ago I put my 182 in the garage and accidentally left the lights on. (Whilst driving home that day, a stone hit my window and it looked like it had left a little mark, I forgot to look at the windscreen before I put the car in the garage, so as its dark in there put all my lights on to see the windscreen and obviously just locked the car and garage without turning them off)

I came to the car yesterday morning and obviously the battery was flat. The problem is that when the battery is flat the key fob doesn’t work so the only way to open the car is by opening the passenger side door using the key. The problem was that I couldn’t get into the car because it was parked so close to the garage wall (I park as close to the left side of the garage as possible as its makes getting out the car easier). Eventually I managed to stretch my arm enough into the car to take the handbrake off and then push the car out of the garage.

Then I tried to jump start the car using a set of jump leads but after trying this for 15mins the car still wouldn’t start. I phoned the AA this morning and they came out they put a battery charger on the car and the jump leads and it still wouldn’t start. The AA guy then said it won’t start as the electronics needed resetting, he did this by leaving the key at a certain position in the ignition for two mins then and then the car started. There were other problems such as having difficulty locking the car and the alarm going off!

The car is currently at the dealer awaiting some warranty work and having a dent removed tomorrow. Touch wood the car will come back fine and I will have no probs with it for a while!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

that is a shi*er mate. but would have to laugh at ya tryin to get in to it.he he

jacko

172 Cup
Could've stretched over to unlock it and gone in through the boot, couldn't ya? Can't help with your problem tho mate, hope it works out for ya.

MINI JCW
pecan said:
Could've stretched over to unlock it and gone in through the boot, couldn't ya? Can't help with your problem tho mate, hope it works out for ya.

how do you unlock the boot when the battery is flat?