ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 getting quicker

Ive now done 5000 miles in my 182 and im surprised at how much livelier it has become over the last few hundred miles.

I have given it the beans since i got it and have to admit have found it pretty slow at times but there is now a bigger surge in every gear.

I hope it will get even better as the miles rack up.

Anyone else found this?

MKIII 138

i found it with my 172MKII.. porblem is the power always feels slower once you get used to it as it increase so slowly. best thing to do is get into a slower car and then back into the clio. i did that the other day.. got in a landrover drove for a few miles and then in the clio.. couldnt belive how light and puncy the clio was and so easy to get to speed.

Scruffy blue 182

Just had a Skoda loan while my 182 was getting fixed. Its been like driving a snail all weekend - its amazing how you get used to the power!

Got mine back tonight - and my only complaint is the clutch feels like the brake pedal compared to the Skoda. I suppose its easy to spot the 182 owners as theyve got bigger muscles in their left leg!;)

You ought to try driving a 899cc Fiat Cinquecento for 2 weeks, then getting into a 182! ;)

[Edited by trailerparktrev on 6/22/2005 9:40:42 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 22 June 2005
I thought mine was nice and loose at 20k, Im now at 38k and its a different car altogether :D

thats because of all the bits that have fallen off it :p