ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 glovebox **AIRCON**

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1

hi peeps,

could someone let me know if renault stopped fitting the aircon into the glovebox of the 182s. i have a may 2005 car, but there is no switch inside the glovebox, and the is no ducting leading to the back of the glovebox:confused:..

ive been to renault but one guy said they stopped fitting it to the scenics, so probably carried on through the clios aswell...

check your cars peeps, especially april 2005 registered cars onwards...

all help and info appreciated:)

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 23 July 2005

Sounds like you will have to find somewhere else to keep your mars bar now :(
LOL my marsbars dont even reach the glovebox... they get munched pronto style!!!:D

Clio 182

I forgot I had it till I got a very cold mobile phone out of it at the end of the Renault track day last week!

Quote: Originally posted by Karen on 23 July 2005

I forgot I had it till I got a very cold mobile phone out of it at the end of the Renault track day last week!
Think of the loss in power? on a trackday i would of thought you would of switched the aircon off

Si

Our 04 182 has it also, didnt know about it till i saw this thread just now and had to run outside to have a look.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

As well as my 182 i have a 05 May Scenic with Air con and it has it.So they are also still fitting them to Scenics :D

Never used either one though :D

You had your aircon on a trackday! tut tut. Uses power! ;)

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 23 July 2005

Our 04 182 has it also, didnt know about it till i saw this thread just now and had to run outside to have a look.
lol im running outside now to check too

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 23 July 2005
I forgot I had it till I got a very cold mobile phone out of it at the end of the Renault track day last week!You had your aircon on a trackday! tut tut. Uses power! ;)Brands isnt really much of a power circuit and it can get quite hot behind the wheel, the Nurburgring in July for example, aircon was essential - lol

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 23 July 2005

Brands isnt really much of a power circuit and it can get quite hot behind the wheel, the Nurburgring in July for example, aircon was essential - lol
It was too hot not to have it on!!! I had it on 16 with full fan.

I was told by someone that it is b****cks about clios loseing power with the ari con on, and its actually better to have it on. That came from the guy who designed the cooling ssystem for the V6.

Boxster S

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 23 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 23 July 2005

lol im running outside now to check too

Just popped out and checked on my May 05 182, and its there!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 24 July 2005

I was told by someone that it is b****cks about clios loseing power with the ari con on, and its actually better to have it on. That came from the guy who designed the cooling ssystem for the V6.
quite simply.... hes a fanny... lol

seriously though, anything that requires energy (whether electrical, or otherwise) will put a drain on the engine

Black 182 + Recaros

In the 172 I always noticed a drop in power when switching the AC on.

You could feel it immediately.

thanks for all the replies peeps,

renault are going to have very sore ears come wednesday, when im putting the car in for a few wee niggles to get fixed..

cheers all!!

RS 200

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 23 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Munday on 23 July 2005

Is it a blue switch at the back of the glove box?
yeah matey thats the one!!!
Had a look in the box of my 1st March 2005 Dynamique and theres a sort of blue thing at the back that rotates to the left thats about an inch wide. Is this the aircon thingy or is this just a hole for shoving cables through or something?

Chris

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

I didnt know I had it till the other day I had stone cold sunglasses lol