ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 help

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
Hi all

first off im now to this coming from dubs so bare with me please

ive currently got a mk3 golf estate with a 2.9vr conversion and im possibly swapping it for a 182. It's an 04 met blue with both cup packs? so has all the kit a/c xenon auto lights crusie control auto wipers fsh 62k has had the cambelt done. standard apart from an induction kit. The hpi came back clear apart from outstanding finance which the current owner of the car says didnt come up on the hpi he carried out.

whats opinions of this and is there anything i can do to get to the bottom of it other than phoning the fnance company

If it is cleared what should i be looking for when viewing the car

cheers in advance
danny

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't view it walk away IMO.

All the kit you mentioned it standard on 182s, unless it's a cup.

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
thats the first thing i thought of, Ive been speaking to the owner and he was shocked when i told him, waiting on this hpi check of his been forwarded to me and also going to phone the finance company myself to check. Ive said the pending deal will have to wait until this is all cleared up.

hopefully ill get in a 172/182 soon

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Guy who owns it now doesn't owe any money to the finance company though, so not sure how it would work.

How much is it up for? There is plenty about.

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
^ supposedly the guy who wants my estate got it from his friend who bought it from mr x? And had a hpi done at the time that showed no outstanding finance and I'm waiting for a copy of this. As far as I'm aware if there's outstanding finance then the car is still property of the lender until it's paid up?

I really like this one and it been a swap would be ideal but if it falls through then I'll wait until my estate sells or if anyone wants a px maybe

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So it was 3 owners ago it was financed? And still is? Not worth the hassle IMO

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'd walk away, as said there are plenty about for sale at the minute.

I bought a TT and didn't do a comprehensive HPI check, 3 months in a man with a trailer turned up trying to take it away as it had something like 12k outstanding on it. The guy I bought it off hadn't had finance on it neither was it the person he bought it off, was a right mess to sort out and cost me a fair bit of money.

500 Twinair
Youre better off walking away from it, selling your vr6 estate, and then buying a 182 if thats what you want. Plenty about. Just make sure it fully serviced, and has the cambelt/Aux belt done.
When looking for one, I would look for a 182 with cup packs, has all the lux plus cup suspension/spoiler/splitter etc. Also try to find one with an uprated exhaust, more than likely the standard exhaust will be falling apart by now.

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
Yeah I know there's alot of good exames about, this just seemed a good deal with it been px, I'll get my ad up this afternoon on here and see what happens.

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
This is what i have for sale

g1.gif

if anyone is interested in a px or buying it pm me, id post a for sale thread but dont have access? if this post isnt allowed please delete it mods

Clio 182
This happened when I was selling my last car! Did a HPI and it came back as having 2 lots of outstanding finance - 1 was mine which I know was paid off and I don't know where the other was from.

If you go through the proper HPI check (think it's around £20) they will contact the finance companies and sort it out. I got all mine cleared and a new certificate within a day or 2.

The thing is, most finance companies don't update the records which the HPI check uses which makes the whole thing pointless! If it turns out that it has still got finance outstanding then it's worth the £20 just because of all the hassle it could cause.

I've also found that using the cheaper HPI checks (mytextcheck etc) will find the details but won't help you get to the bottom of it or sort it out for you so I wouldn't recommend them.

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
^ thanks for that mate, I used the rac check which gives info on the company in question but doesn't say they'll help out

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
I sorted the finance history out and it was cleared in 2007 but I put it off from the Tuesday meet up we had arranged to view each others cars until it was clear about the finance. I spoke to the lad wens morning and it had been stolen Tuesday night, gutted isn't the word and even more gutted for the lad who owns it

172 cup
I swapped a perfectly good car for a dog in the past but also swapped one where my car which I got rid of spunked it's head gasket on the way home for the lad. Strangely he didnt want anything back and had no problem with it :) I think he must have been driving it like a divvy.

It can go both ways, from experience I'd avoid swapping cars in future.

mk3golf 2.9vr estate
ive swapped/px cars twice and not had problems upto now but im sure there are dodgy people out there who would swap a dog of a car knowingly

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
When you hpi check a car- you dont need to wait for HPI- all you do is ring the finance house & ask if they have any interest in the car- If its no, then you get HPI to liase with them to get the flag removed.

Steve