ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 in EVO (again)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Yep its in again..............

This time they have put it against the proper cars in its class ..the cooper s,c2 vts,ibeza fr and the fiesta ST.

The cooper almost matches it in everything despite being 4.5k dearer but everything else is way behind.Its destined for greatness they quote and wish that ford would pull its finger out to raise the game a bit because the chasis in the fiesta is great.

Its a good test of the clio imho because these cars are where the clio is atbut because its so bloody good people tend to raise the clios game to other more powerful cars that are not in the clios group

ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Its on subsciption so it should be in the shops in the next few days

The cooper pipped it to 100 by .3 but the in gear times were better for the clio,strange:confused:

H22A7 Accord Type R

i aint even opened my evo yet and it came last week,,,,,,,,,,,off for a read now

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 31 January 2005
Following Auto Express prefering the Fiesta ST, Evo, Car and Autocar all put the 182 Cup over the ST.

yes but they were testing the car for different purposes IIRC

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Like what?

Road test is a road test?

[Edited by Tom on 31 January 2005 at 12:49pm]

Ctr! not this again!

muz

big fat japanese bus

I agree

Mates got one and it does 16.1 90 terminal for its 1/4 miles

Clio is about 15.5 96 terminal

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 31 January 2005

The cooper almost matches it in everything despite being 4.5k dearer
And not being as adjustable on the throttle, and pushing wide on the corners.....they made the mini sound a bit poor in comparison.

really? i used to own a mini and thought it handled better than my 182. sorry to write this but it was bloody good in that respect.

Having now read the article what I dont understand is why the 182 cup lost out to the ton over the cooper S?

The 172 cup destroyed the cooper s to the ton puting 5 seconds between it in an autocar test, they desribed it as being in a different performance league. I am fully aware there is no difference between the 2 clios in speed so what happened?

Do you think they tweaked the mini? I know it had an extra 7horses but that doesnt give you 5 seconds lol!

definatley wasnt an s works was it?

If not thats odd cos I understood 172/182 was almost parallel with the works and thus infront of the regular s. Weired.

dk

911 GTS Cab

anyone seen the Drive magazine test this month (mag out today) and know the result of the ST vs 182 please?

oh and as i have said before, autoexpress hate the 182 for some reason and never rate it highly

I have destroyed a few Coopers and Cooper Ss in the short time Ive owned my 182 :eek:

On paper the 182 is a fait bit quicker than then cooper s, 1.3 secs quicker 0-60 and 2.4 secs 0-100, reference used - evos performance table. I would imagine the clio would definatly give the s works a good run for its money.

So whats the chat with this review?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Im sure mr cooper was playing with the boost a little...

I used to catch up and pull past coopers in my 02 172 before 100mph

Never mind,its still 4.5k dearer

The seat is sad looking and i think thats why they put things like the leon against the 182,anything else would be the poor relation.

ian

R

rich[182]

Ian - can vouch for your last post

If Id been the driver of the cooper ss ive pulled on in my clio costing 4.5k less then id be disappointed

not saying ive pulled easily or pulled loadsa car lengths etc but have to say have been surprised at the results having read various road tests, not quite what i assumed

Clio 197

Did the Cooper S not get an extra 7bhp, amongst its latest tweaks?

I know its not much, but might that have something to do with it?

Quote: Originally posted by Jondo on 31 January 2005

I have destroyed a few Coopers and Cooper Ss in the short time Ive owned my 182 :eek:

On paper the 182 is a fait bit quicker than then cooper s, 1.3 secs quicker 0-60 and 2.4 secs 0-100, reference used - evos performance table. I would imagine the clio would definatly give the s works a good run for its money.

So whats the chat with this review?
Whats your definition of destroy....... a few car lengths?

Clio 200 Cup

My HGT has had one 0-100 a few times by around 2 car lengths or so. So im sure a 182 would be around another car length better

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 31 January 2005

anyone seen the Drive magazine test this month (mag out today) and know the result of the ST vs 182 please?

oh and as i have said before, autoexpress hate the 182 for some reason and never rate it highly

Dave - I missed that off my list. The 182 came 1st, 2nd Fiesta, 3rd Ibiza FR, 4th C2 VTS

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Destroy may be a strong word............

Its the same as a ctr does to a 172 after 100mph that a 172 does to a cooper after 80mph in my experience

ian

What were the results then ian??

Whats the 182 doing its 60 runs in? I remember once i read a 6.3 but then again that is autocar. LOL

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

both did 0-60 in 7.2 and the clio did 19-100mph and the mini did it in 18.7 secs

After my experience of racing them in my old 172 i was suprised to see the mini winning to 100mph

And a whole second nearly to 60mph between the 2 mags is weird

ian

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 01 February 2005

both did 0-60 in 7.2 and the clio did 19-100mph and the mini did it in 18.7 secs

dint know my gran was driving the clio in this test................

VaVa

lol... think conditions were damp (didnt say in the article, just looked it in the pictures.) EVO have clocked the 182 (non-Cup) at 6.6 0-60.

I really doubt the authenticity of the freak 6.3 the 182 supposedly got from autocar

No other magazine has ever got close, not even a sub 6.5.

Perhaps the 182 was new and not loosened up, thats the only way you can describe a 19sec 0-100 run.

VaVa

Yup. Id be pretty confident that my Mk2 172 would crack 19 seconds to the ton tbh.... Bad day at the office for the little Clio by the looks of it.