ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 info

FF Racing Blue 182
hi guys just about to purchase a 182 i missed out on one two weeks ago because i wanted another colour

im looking for a clio with renaultsport seats xenon lights darker silver wheels air con and its got to be blue with the white stripes on it i seen one in arnold clark and it had a basic interior not what i expected

can someone clear up the difference between a cup and standard sport version

thanks for your help guys

Lionel Richie
3 main versions

182 normal - silver wheels, normal suspension (some had cup spoiler pack, rare though)
182 normal with cup pack suspension (most have cup spoilers pack too) - grey wheels, different suspension

^both have 1/2 leather/alcantara seats, xenon lights etc

182 cup - grey wheels, boggo 1.2 interior, stock headlights, cup suspension and spoilers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I will never get the council estate interior the cups got, for what the inteneded purpose was supposed to be (weight saving) it really is a pointless addition imo

FF Racing Blue 182
thanks guys the racing blue with stripes i take that is the cup and only comes with 1.2 seats if so thats is bad or sad i dont know but it sucks

Buy a 182 "FF" with all the trimmings (xenons, alcantara/leather, climate, cup suspension and spoilers etc) then add the stripes after (but it'd look better without :D)

FF Racing Blue 182
thats fine thanks for the info now ive got some sort of idea what im after its the FF all the way with every trimming i can get my hands on

racing blue it is but ive waited so long for a 182 ive got the urge to buy the first one i see ive lost out in one before and dont want to let another slip away

my budget is 6k finance though arnold clark seem to be charging a bit more 182s it seems

im found another close to me and its beautifull all what i want but second choice of colour and the right price but i dont know if belts are changed

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uv...ers/14490/14490&id=201026362185282&distance=0

CLIO 182
I'm in the same position as yourself, that seems overpriced.

Get a bank loan and buy private, they seem to be going for £4800~ and could possibly be knocked down a couple hundred.

Just from what I have seen in the past few weeks, and they don't seem to be selling too well at the moment. Which benefits yourself.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
thats fine thanks for the info now ive got some sort of idea what im after its the FF all the way with every trimming i can get my hands on

racing blue it is but ive waited so long for a 182 ive got the urge to buy the first one i see ive lost out in one before and dont want to let another slip away

my budget is 6k finance though arnold clark seem to be charging a bit more 182s it seems

im found another close to me and its beautifull all what i want but second choice of colour and the right price but i dont know if belts are changed

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uv...ers/14490/14490&id=201026362185282&distance=0

Dont buy that its gash-

bottom of the range pants non cup pack spec: 4.8k tops from dealer 4k private

I have 3 182's at the moment but dont do finance- & a RB FF 182 showroom cond

I agree with the above post- Dont worry about the stripes get them retro fitted-

Ive been through pistonheads there is not ONE decent 182 from a dealer on there-

WOW- not ONE decent racing blue on autotrader ( unless you want less desirable artic blue

1 black one- which is incidentally Evans halshaw-
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/5/postcode/da68bu/radius/1501?logcode=p

Cheers
Steve

FF Racing Blue 182
ive had a couple of cars finance before and i gave them back at halfway point thats why i like finance when you get fed up give it back but thats a good saving i wonder how there not selling too well the now

FF Racing Blue 182
Dont buy that its gash-

bottom of the range pants non cup pack spec: 4.8k tops from dealer 4k private

I have 3 182's at the moment but dont do finance- & a RB FF 182 showroom cond

I agree with the above post- Dont worry about the stripes get them retro fitted-

Ive been through pistonheads there is not ONE decent 182 from a dealer on there-

WOW- not ONE decent racing blue on autotrader ( unless you want less desirable artic blue

1 black one- which is incidentally Evans halshaw-
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/5/postcode/da68bu/radius/1501?logcode=p

Cheers
Steve
whats up with finance why is it so bad as you say thats bottom of range that clio is there three options FF then FF with cup packs and cup

are the racing blue hard to get a hold of

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
whats up with finance why is it so bad as you say thats bottom of range that clio is there three options FF then FF with cup packs and cup

are the racing blue hard to get a hold of

finance isnt a problem the cars pisch-

cup packs = spoiler , splitter & suspension/alloy package-

Dont buy a non cup pack 182-

A low mileage FF racing blue 182 ( sub 40k) is very hard to find-

there is only One for sale on tinternet currently which is mine- the rest are cups or high milers-

depends what you want, a 55k one may be fine- pricewise obviously cheaper
horses 4 courses!

S

FF Racing Blue 182
A low mileage FF racing blue 182 ( sub 40k) is very hard to find-

there is only One for sale on tinternet currently which is mine- the rest are cups or high milers-

depends what you want, a 55k one may be fine- pricewise obviously cheaper
horses 4 courses!

S

do you have a website

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
do you have a website

Traders section in here-

You have to be a fully paid member £10 to see the classifieds-its well worth the money -

Its on PistonHeads though under R-Sport cars though--

Ben- he cant see your ad in the link - non members-

Cheers
S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lets not hijack the thread-

just compare that an inferno went to renault for 3.3 the other day on lower miles then thats ballpark

S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Something tells me i should sell my low millage inferno before it's worth nothing.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I will never get the council estate interior the cups got, for what the inteneded purpose was supposed to be (weight saving) it really is a pointless addition imo

Eh?

You ever picked up the two seats, night and day in terms of weight.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Scotty I know of a mint silver one being sold private if you want any onfo give me a PM

S

FF Racing Blue 182
I'm selling mine at the moment. The exact spec you're after by the sounds of it. Racing Blue with stripes, FF model, £4500 ono. Here if you're interested: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=520755

that is a lovely car i could sit and look at those pictures all day i dont know what it is about the 182 in that colour of blue it just looks mean

my brother had a phase 2 02 plate in silver i thought looked good but i really think the 182 with those cup packs in blue looks the best clio sport yet

thanks for all the info guys

FF Racing Blue 182
another few questions for you guys

how do i know if the belts have been changed if there is no receipts at dealer and what kind of things should i look out for on a car about fiver years old also what is normal wear and tear on clio

i see really good cars going fairly cheap is it better to get a bank loan rather than get finance and if i buy a car with a remap is the engine life shorter

FF Racing Blue 182
hi guys i didnt want to start a new thread so i found my old one

this is the colour and model ive singled out as the 182 i want only thing is its next month before im able to make any moves for it what id like to know is this the price id expect to pay it doesnt say if the belts have been done or if it has both cup packs but im sure yous will let me know here is a link guys http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2005&vehicleRegLetter=05

its nice if i could get it just now i would as time is ticking closer to when i can get one i seem to be getting more impatient also if i cant get one in my budget range i might consider a cup but i really want all the FF stuff and also its going to be finance am after and ive got the pennys saved for a decent deposit or what i think should be

again thanks for the info guys its helping me alot

Looks cup packed to me, but that's not to say someone hasn't just brought a spliter, resprayed the wheels and slapped a spoiler on.

Also look liks the bullets have had a re-spray and the dash strips have also been colour coded.

Doesn't mention anything about any kind of service history. Best way to tell is to look through the reciepts/service books to see what work it's had done. It should be quite obvious. Mine was done at JMS and quite literally said 'Aux/Belts Kit - 33,000 (or whatever the milage was) and then had the JMS stamp.

Don't take somebodys word that it's had new pads, discs or whatever else. If there aren't reciepts and they can't provide proof then take it that they haven't been done and adjust your offer accordingly.

That does look over priced. I paid £5k for my 182FF on 53K, 1 minor scuff on front left wheel, needs an aircon regas, new fog light glass. Have had a stone chip in the windscreen replaced and need to get some brakedust off the wheels.

Edit: You can't tell what condition the paintwork (stone chips, swirling, fading, hazing) is in from photo's so make sure you give it a real good eye-****ing. Check it has the cans of tyre foam, jack, locking wheel nuts & keys, also listen to it turn over and run and also see how it idles. There are plenty of guides on what to look for if you google 'buying a 182'.

Hyundai i40
As above you cant tell if the belts have been done or not, unless you have the receipt/service book noted

If its not been done, id recomend getting it done as you dont want the cambelt to snap on you.

If they can not prove the belts been done knock about £700 off the price

2005 182 CUP
As a guideI picked up a orange 182 cup, 55k for £3500 + scabby astra. Needs belts doing but got it booked in at renault for £590!

S8001921.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Check they are changing the full aux belt kit not just the aux belt ^^^^^

FF Racing Blue 182
As above you cant tell if the belts have been done or not, unless you have the receipt/service book noted

If its not been done, id recomend getting it done as you dont want the cambelt to snap on you.

If they can not prove the belts been done knock about £700 off the price

i dont think a dealer would knock £700 because he cant prove the belts have been done also if its at the stage or by the stage when they need to be done a dealer doesnt need to do them is that right

i will be coming down from glasgow to england because thats the only place ive seen selling infernos and i want to make sure i will be getting the right deal so ive got to take the dealers word over the phone i know its luck at the end of the day i dont want to pick up a shed thats been thrashed round a track most of its life

again thanks for the advice

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
hi guys i didnt want to start a new thread so i found my old one

this is the colour and model ive singled out as the 182 i want only thing is its next month before im able to make any moves for it what id like to know is this the price id expect to pay it doesnt say if the belts have been done or if it has both cup packs but im sure yous will let me know here is a link guys http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2005&vehicleRegLetter=05

its nice if i could get it just now i would as time is ticking closer to when i can get one i seem to be getting more impatient also if i cant get one in my budget range i might consider a cup but i really want all the FF stuff and also its going to be finance am after and ive got the pennys saved for a decent deposit or what i think should be

again thanks for the info guys its helping me alot

Seems expensive that, whats wrong with bens at almost £2k less?

i dont think a dealer would knock £700 because he cant prove the belts have been done also if its at the stage or by the stage when they need to be done a dealer doesnt need to do them is that right

i will be coming down from glasgow to england because thats the only place ive seen selling infernos and i want to make sure i will be getting the right deal so ive got to take the dealers word over the phone i know its luck at the end of the day i dont want to pick up a shed thats been thrashed round a track most of its life

again thanks for the advice

I wouldn't let a dealer know how far you've travelled from. Nor give the impression you don't really want to leave without it. Try to contain your excitement when viewing/driving it ;)

Albi Blue Clio 197
Where are you located steve ? seems to be a lot of people from way down south on here, i cant say i fancy travelling that far