ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance

My insurance is asking if my car has been altered or has any optional extras. Im insured with Admiral.

Being the cliosport do you think its a safe bet that they would never pick up on upgraded suspension, spolier pack and anthracite wheels?

Does everyone else with a 182 and packs confirm them with their insurance. I know its a dodgy business not telling but the car already has lowered and stiffened suspension, more agressive looks and 16" alloy wheels as standard without the cup packs.

Thats my kind of answer Pete :D , althought they did state "optional extras"

[Edited by Wullie on 12/14/2004 1:39:03 PM]

Clio 182

Privilege asked me about any extras and state factory fitted.... etc on my certificate but they stilll insisted on listing them all...

[Edited by Arianne on 14 December 2004 at 2:01pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

yeah, you will not invalidate your insurance by leaving them off but the one problem you could come up against if if the car was a total loss and needed to be replaced. If they are not declared they will probably not include them in the valuation and replacement car.

I did not declare mine as they always want to charge you more when they shouldnt, thought it was best to leave them out of the conversation.

I will deal with the replacement if anything happens.

Im thinking the same thing dave182. If it ever came up i "think" i could argue the toss about being dumb when it comes to cars, how should i know the supension is 30mm lower, i just seen it on the dealers forecourt and liked the look of it so i bought it. As far as I was aware it was just a clio 182.

Yaris Hybrid

When asked if I had any modifications I said "no its brand new straight from the factory".

The insurance company will have that statement recorded no doubt.

Im insured with Admiral and the bloke I got the quote from had just bought a 182 himself, he was most helpful ( £300 ) and Welsh, but I dont know his name. I would add that I am quite mature. Ha Ha.

Ultra Red Megane R26

Im with Admiral and although they are factory fit options they still charged me extra. I reckon it was just an excuse to get a little bit extra out of me!

Anything from the fleet

yeah thats all very well, but straight from the factory means no option packs - it means bog standard, even if it came out of the factory with the option packs on. unfortunately if it has anthracite wheels, it becomes more desireable, if these get nicked youll get standard silver ones back all because you didnt declare it on your insurance for an extra £200. trust me on this one, any excuse for the insurers not to pay out and theyll jump at it.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

Quote: Originally posted by mxfuk on 14 December 2004

Im with Admiral and although they are factory fit options they still charged me extra. I reckon it was just an excuse to get a little bit extra out of me!
im with admiral and they didnt even ask me... they insured it as a 172 and changed the cover note to say 182 cos the car wasnt on their system yet...

Be very careful -

Direct line & esure both wanted to charge me more for the cup packs. It was only after an exchange of letters with Direct line that they backed down - but by then I was with esure whod backed down sooner (thanks to customer services sanity!)!

Lesson - assume nothing- particularly where underwriters are involved.