ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 K-Tech Turbo

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

turbo conversion not yet available as they are looking for a company to supply the upgraded ECU.

If I am correct?

[Edited by msa182 on 6/8/2005 7:44:45 PM]

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 08 June 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">pigme(something something) bought the test car, try PMing him.

He didnt get it in the end. He got sick of waiting and went for something none Clio.

172 cup'd extreme

i would LOVE to see how the gearbox copes with that turbo converstion .... i think jc5s are made from moon cheese or something like that!

williams 2 turbo

as far as im aware the 172 turbo has never run, that was from pgti as they have been waiting 6 months for ktec to go up against bbs turbo. i think they are in contact with fastchip to try to get it to work!.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by diamond geezer on 08 June 2005

<SCRIPT language=javascript> as far as im aware the 172 turbo has never run, that was from pgti as they have been waiting 6 months for ktec to go up against bbs turbo. i think they are in contact with fastchip to try to get it to work!.
it runs, made 239bhp on the rollers, just needs the ECU remapped due to new parts

i think both turbo conversions are good, the ONLY MAJOR let downs are the facts that the JC5 WILL blow up, and the fact that using the stock ECU piggybacked or flashed is in a word pants!!! both cars would see MUCH better results using a Motec/Omex etc etc

what power will the JC5 realistically take, and what would you replace it with if it did blow under the turbo?

Lionel Richie

realistically??? ive seen the JC5 explode with hard abuse with only 210bhp (there was a 12inch section missing!!!!)

the JC5 is fine as long as its not abused! ie no track days and 1/4 miles!!!!

the best box to replace it with would be the new RS gearbox (6speed with hydraulic clutch + cable shift) but that wont be available til this time next year

people say the Jc5 can handle upto 250bhp and 250lbsft but i really dont think it would last much more than 15Kmiles

172 ph1

Looking at the bb rolling road graph, peak torque has increased from 205Nm to 375Nm, an 83% increase, so the box is going to die. No idea what torque any of the parts are designed to take, but I doubt Renault made the 172 with this sort of increase in mind!

Im suprised they have spent time developing these kits, as for the sort of money they are talking about, you can do an engine and box transplant and not have the reliability problem, and you can go 6 speed at the same time.

Probably been discussed to death and I missed it, but has anyone fitted a megane 225 engine yet?

Quote: Originally posted by skinner on 09 June 2005

Probably been discussed to death and I missed it, but has anyone fitted a megane 225 engine yet?

Fred has the bits and will be in the future!....