ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Lead Time

As most of you know, ive been thinking about swapping my 172 for a 182 w/cup sus & spoilers, because of all the problems ive had etc...
Ive been to the dealer and its gonna cost me £750 to swap. I asked him for the current lead time on a 182 in racing blue and he comes back to me with 15th Sept. I know the RS factory in Dieppe shuts for the whole of August, im just undecided whether to wait that long......mainly because im supposedly driving my 172/182 to France on 14th August for a week. If i order a 182, they either want my 172 now or will accept it when the 182 arrives but obviously with a lower p/x value because of the extra 2500 miles.

So now im unsure what to do. What would you do?!

Kev.

Ps. Anyone with a Racing Blue 182 on order want to cancel and give me their order?! ;)(Worth a Try!!)

Lee

BMW M2C

I kept my 172, put a further 3k on the clock and still got the price we had agreed. Not the best price in the world, but at least I had a car to get around in still.

Renaultsport Clio 182

Ive got a similar deal on my 1.2 Clio as Part exing it for a 182 which arrives here on the 3rd of September according to a letter I had from reno last week.

I am about 1000miles over the figure the sales guy wrote down, but shant be using it for 8 weeks as away on holiday. He called today and I told him and he said that it was ok, they would still give me the same amount for mine.

Theyll make so much when they sell the pxed car on that unless its massively over what was quoted then they shouldnt care.

Quote: Originally posted by huw182 on 30 June 2004

Buy mine instead ;)
Would do mate but im getting this for £11.7k with Cup Suspension and Cup Spoilers brand new. (F & F Discount).

Kev.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 30 June 2004

Theyll make so much when they sell the pxed car on that unless its massively over what was quoted then they shouldnt care.
They keep using the excuse im getting it Friends and Family so they cant keep the px price the same. I might give him an ultimatum, either keep it the same or i dont order.

Kev.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I was in a similar situation.

Hand over at time of order for 9,900 or hand over at delivery for 9-9500 depending on miles etc.

I chose to hand over at order time.

Basically, the dealer makes NO money on the F&F deal, at most they get a 200quid handling fee for doing the deal. Yes they may hit target easier by doing your F&F deal, but its still not "in their interest" to do the F&F deals.

So hence if they can make money on the p/exs its the only income they will get from the deal.

This is also why the p/ex values are often lower for F&F deals than a full retail sale etc.

Hope all that makes sense?

Admittedly my choice was easier as I had a company car for most of the time, and only have 12days to go :) and have hired a hire car to cover this short time period.

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 30 June 2004

I was in a similar situation.

Hand over at time of order for 9,900 or hand over at delivery for 9-9500 depending on miles etc.

I chose to hand over at order time.

Basically, the dealer makes NO money on the F&F deal, at most they get a 200quid handling fee for doing the deal. Yes they may hit target easier by doing your F&F deal, but its still not "in their interest" to do the F&F deals.

So hence if they can make money on the p/exs its the only income they will get from the deal.

This is also why the p/ex values are often lower for F&F deals than a full retail sale etc.

Hope all that makes sense?

Admittedly my choice was easier as I had a company car for most of the time, and only have 12days to go :) and have hired a hire car to cover this short time period.
:eek:

£9900?!?!

The b*****d has offered me £9.4k for my 8month old 53plate 172 with 5600miles.

Ill be going seeing him later to see what all that is about.

Kev.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Yup, 9,900 for a March 1st 2003 03 plated Flame red 172 (fully standard) with 16,500 miles on the clock.

Lee

BMW M2C

I only got £8.600 for my 03 Monaco Blue 172 with 23k on the clock. It was however an import so I only paid £12,600 for it.

We agreed that price at 19k and he stuck by it when I traded the car in 2 months later.

Originally they werent going to sell mine on as it was an import. Once Id explained the differences, he spoke to the sales director and theyve decided to give it a go, if not theyll send it on to one of there none Renault garages to flog.