ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Leda Coilover fitting and setup?

clio 200 F4Rt
i looking to get a set of these in next few weeks.

i can fit them myself no problem, but understand that they will need to be set up.

is this a case of just getting the wheel allignment, tracking etc checked and adjusted, or as the car sits lower etc do they need to be setup to curtain measuremtns?

if that makes sense?

as i rather fit them myself, then get a local tyre place to set the tracking, alignment etc.

cheers.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
magic...

its no problem to fit them yourself....

as said local tire place should be able to get the camber and toe sorted.

Andy

make sure you get 225lb front and 300lb rear. I got 200 250 oriinally and the harder springs are much better.

you need to at least get toe and camber setup. you could get corner weights done as well but mine were very close when done by measuring the exposed threads.

IMO if you are spending all that cash then spend another £200 and get them setup properly.

Mine were setup for slight toe in and -1.5deg camber. pm Andy at GDI for advice on ride height settings.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!
go to a professional to have it setup (Cliosport Discount available at Northampton Motorsport) its expensive, but well worth it

that the lb of eibach sportline springs? how do they compare to the eibach race coils used in leda setups?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I found the 225's a little soft on track..... awesome as a road spring and light track use....

but for hardcore track.... perhaps 250's would work well..

this is however why Leda are good as they will swap the springs FOC if you dont like them..... (as long as its fairly soon after and are not damaged)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
yup, 225's are maybe a touch soft for track....although with the dampers wound right up it seemed ok. I might not bother changing...

E91 M Sport
MarkM said:
you could get corner weights done as well but mine were very close when done by measuring the exposed threads.

How much petrol did you have on-board? I would have thought with the driver and a tank of fuel, both on the off-side of the car, the weight difference would be dramatic?

Also, if one side is heavier, do they wind up both the front and the back equally - is there a set formula?

miketheman2k said:
How much petrol did you have on-board? I would have thought with the driver and a tank of fuel, both on the off-side of the car, the weight difference would be dramatic?

Also, if one side is heavier, do they wind up both the front and the back equally - is there a set formula?

They set the cross weights

Front left + Rear right = Front right + Rear left

By increasing ride height on one corner increases weight on that corner and its opposite corner. Also decreasing ride height on a corner takes weight off that corner and its opposite corner.

You can only change side to side weight by moving things around in the car. Because the petrol tank is on the same side as the driver more weight will naturally be on this side.

There is info in this thread about the weight distribution measured on my car
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113770