ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 loud whistling noise

anyone get loud screeching whistling noise from front passenger side at 80+. well loud, usually kicks in about 100 but if windy 80+. tried pulling in wing mirror but no different.

its the plip sensor mate, when it squeals push it upwards and squealing stops, let it go and it starts again.

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 19 June 2005

its the plip sensor mate, when it squeals push it upwards and squealing stops, let it go and it starts again.
I got this too over the weekend. Doing 110+ mph (private track of course), very annoying indeed.

Whats the "plip sensor"? And yes, I did have CC on. How do I get rid of this noise?

KnightAzul

ClioSport 182

Any help here? Dont want to put up with that noise again ... it put me right off when nailing a Seat Leon FR on that famous private track. ;)

KnightAzul

Elise/VX220/R26

my 172 used to do the same thing, if you turn the CC unit on (with fan speed at zero if you dont want it on) it should stop

yeah like tom said it aint ya girlfriend is it lol

as the noise will change to a punch in the head @ about 130+mph

[Edited by bsimmer3000 on 20 June 2005 at 8:21pm]

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Mine was doing this yesterday.When i listened closely it was actually whistling " The yellow Rose of Texas " :confused:

It was doing my head in until i caught a peek at myself in my mirror....it was me :D

ClioSport 182

I had the CC unit on (with fan) as it was 35 degrees outside ... still got the loud noise. Arrghhhh ...

KnightAzul