ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold and decat fitted

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
finished work at 10pm on tuesday after a 13 hour shift and decided to fit my 182 manifold and decat lol worked on it from 11 till 7am, 8 hour shift on the thing lol not the easyest job on axel stands!

anyway..... the noise with the k-tec recessed exhaust is mental, still sounds quiet about town but open it up and it sounds brilliant! real rasp to it!

the power gain decent too, the torque in 2nd gear between 2 and 3,000rpm is awesome around town and overtaking at 50mph+ in 3rd gear feels much quicker, used to feel dead untill it hit 5,000rpm but now it just pulls.

top end power feels unaffected infact actually feels better seems to pull to 7,000 rpm better, used to feel a bit out of puff after 6,600/6,700rpm but thats probably down to the decat pipe being less restrictive.

overall an awesome mod assuming you can fit it yourself and get the manifold cheap-ish, in total it cost me just a touch over £250 to buy the manifold, decat pipe, new fitting kit and gasket.

Clio 182
Whey my first ever post! :D

I've had a 182 for over a year, and haven't had too much trouble with it, been such a great car..BUT....

Recently I've had a consistent problem with my catylic converter. It sounds like a rusty old car because there is corrosion on the end of the car. To cut a long story short, i bought a new one from a brakers yard, and the same has happened again. After a mechanic temporarily fixed it the first time he told me he didn't use the right 182 clamp to fit on the end of the cat, and said it wouldnt be a problem. Do you think that something so minor can f*ck up my cat ????

That said, I have a simota carbon fibre airbox - excellent!!!! Me mates keep telling me to get a decat aswell to solve the problem, any suggestions?

Craig

ValverInBits
^^ you'll quickly learn that standard renault exhaust systems are about as poor as they come. They rust, fall apart, and fall off the car taking the rear bumper with them as they go.
If it's just an exhaust rattle, that's very common on standard 1*2 exhausts.

Martin_89:
Well done mate! did you see/use my guide for it :)
I've got a thread coming right up that's going to interest you come MOT time.

Writen off dci 100
i dont care what figures are quated imo the 182 manifold and decat makes a big difference you can feel it gives much more low down toque and combined with a remap the noise at just under 8'000rpm is unreal

182 manifold FTW

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martin_89:
Well done mate! did you see/use my guide for it :)
I've got a thread coming right up that's going to interest you come MOT time.

hi mate, yeah i had a quick read thru it before i started then used your guide for disconnecting the steering colum from the rack (as its different from the way you do it on the 1.2!)was a great help cheers!

ValverInBits
At one point while doing mine, I was lying under the car on my back with one hand/foot on each of the four corners of the subframe trying to manouver it into position.
Good for a laugh.

D1cky - I made a lil parts list here. Doing it for <250 just means getting a good price on the manifold. Then you just need to consider something like this or a bent MOT ;)