ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold on a 172, is it worth it?

clio 172 cup (S7U OE)
i was thinkin about buying a 182 manifold and wondered if they fit directly on to 172's and if they are easy to fit or not.
help please

ValverInBits
IMO, it is worth it IF you are fitting a decat at the same time.

admittedly, a lot of effort though

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just had mine fitted today, no way I would have done it myself, so had it done by Jamsport. Took about 3 hours for it to be done, wheather it's worth it (I had a 200 cell sports CAT fitted too) remains to be seen, first impessions are it's much smoother in delivering the power, as for gains I will have to get down to surrey rolling road to have a run that I can compaire to my prevous run down there.

Just had mine fitted today, no way I would have done it myself, so had it done by Jamsport. Took about 3 hours for it to be done, wheather it's worth it (I had a 200 cell sports CAT fitted too) remains to be seen, first impessions are it's much smoother in delivering the power, as for gains I will have to get down to surrey rolling road to have a run that I can compaire to my prevous run down there.

If you can't notice the difference then it's not worth it.

ValverInBits
How much does it cost?

I would want to pay around £190 tops for a 182 manifold, then I'd have a decat made up or do one myself as I wasn't that impressed with the Ktec one.

I don't reckon it's worth it if someone else is fitting. That's not enough bang for buck then

You'll want to set aside a full day to get it done at home.

Last edited:
  SG9 Forester STi
I got mine fitted for me and was told that had it been a try at home job then it takes around 5 hours. Far too much hassle.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
As a one off mod I personally wouldn't bother unless the original one is knackered, but if the car is having a few bits done at the same time it'd probably be worth it.

Aren't these manifolds quite expensive anyways?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If you can't notice the difference then it's not worth it.

I didn't say I couldn't feel a difference, the difference is smoother feeling power delivery. What I don't know / can't tell is if I have gained power… you would never feel 5bhp as a 'wow that's so much faster' feeling IMO.

I'll reserve wild bhp gain claims until it's been RR'ed.

As far as I was aware there 'are' gains from fitting the 4-2-1 over the 172 4-1 standard manifold, I just don't buy into big gains until proven.