ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold onto 172 ph1

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Hi Guys,

Sincere apologies if I have missed any discussion threads on this fitment, but I couldnt see one that jumped out and slapped me, so here goes..

I wont be opening the engine up at this stage, so bolt ons are the order of the day! Induction wise I am reverting back to a std ph1 airbox with K+N panel filter. I have noticed the std exhaust has seen better days (and still has a cat fitted). So to make sure I kick off in the right direction - is it worth changing over to the 182 item?
From there back I was thinking decat and a stealth system would be good, single or twin box I have yet to decide on!

All your thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks a lot

Weeksy

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
To fit a 182 manifold is alot of work/expensive if you're paying someone.

The standard 172 twin barrel cat are very good tbh.

If you are planing on head/cams/TB then id fit the 182 manifold when the headis off or engine is out.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Hi dude,

I would do it myself I think!

I had no idea it was that much work to fit, so I will cross it off my list!

They are huge though eh?!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
To fit the 182 manifold, you either need the head off the engine or the subframe dropped or the engine moved a lot (or removed).

Major pain to fit, but certainly a nicer setup, and far easier to swap between cat and decat at a later date then too.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Thanks lads.

I am not sure I can really justify the aggro for what it's worth!

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If you can fit it at your leisure, then its fine.
I'll always pop over to help, mine all wrapped up. :cool:

4e9e6eby.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Its titanium wrap mate also my car doesn't leak oil. :)

Anyway, to late.

Its fitted. :cool:

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
That looks good Scotty.

I think if I were to do anything with it, it would be ceramic coating. I did the manifold on my cossie and it really works and looks good too.
Just comes down to cost though, and this is my daily, hence not going too too mad on it!

Hard to draw the line though I will admit!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Having done this exact swap I can't say its worth the hassle! I only did it as I'd snapped the cat and thought I'd see the difference (or lack of) for myself!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Almost got to be worth it for ease of changing the cat over surely? Well if the engine is out that is.

@Bobby. and I did my cat the other day and its a right pig of a job!

Agreed, if the engine is out or head is off for any reason then I cant think of a good reason not to swap to the far better 182 setup really (other than you have to buy it I guess).

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
I think the std 4 into 1 will be staying on there then fellas!

Must remember I have a budget for this car and not get carried away as I normally do!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I changed mine due to the 172 cat being fubar'd and it being a c**t of a job.

got a cat made to fit the 182 mani / 172 back end.
also got a decat link from k-tec at the same time.

10 min changeover now for the mot man :)

PH1 172
Big pain In the ass! I had the engine out so fitted one to my ph1. And noticed absolutely no difference what so ever! Big waste of time!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The biggest difference is just how easy it is to swap between cat and decat etc if you want to at MOT time.