ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 misty windows

immaculate clio 172
Hi guys Windscreen keeps misting up on my 55 plate 182

No leaks or wet carpets etc

Not been using recirculating air option on blowers
Have to keep using aircon to clear screen for first few miles of each journey!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Seems pretty normal at this time of year to get steamed up windows - no?

I know every car I've owned has had steamed up windows in the mornings in Autumn/winter, never thought of it as a problem. 30 seconds with the climate control on (it's always on anyway) and all is good.

Clio Trophy
also thinking this is pretty normal?? your car is not an air tight box, moister will get into the car. i use anti fog gel, seems to be an art work applying right, but i just get in and drive, unless the weather is really bad, then it does not work

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
I've filled a sock (clean one not mouldy) with cat litter and tied the end, stuck it under the passenger seat, seemed to keep my Windows mist free all last year, I've just refilled it intact! Might be worth a go?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Mine used to do this a lot more than my van. It would be really heavy misting, like water droplets wet! Think it would be misted even though no one was in the car! It wouldn't even have to be that cold, even happened in mildish weather so it wasn't a "time of the year thing" I didn't have wet carpets or the like but since using the Clio a lot more than I used to has helped a lot...maybe down to some air flow drying things out?!!
I will be getting a couple of the gel bags to help reduce it even more.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Make sure the windows are clean.
Make sure the pollen filter is new (within reason).
Make sure the boot bump things or lights aren't leaking.

Use the A/C more often / always.

This is not rocket science...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I do this too!
use the litter that looks like clear crystals, it doesn't dust.

Silica gel based stuff.

I've used that for drying out fogged up headlights before. Works a treat! Pets at home have their own brand stuff, fiver a bag.