ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 modifying

Hi, looking for some advice on modifying up my 182. I am due to buy my clio from work in about a month so am then free to do what i like with it! My questions is:- what mods are going to give me the best increase in power is there within reason a limit to what I can get out of the engine? anyone got any tips on what would be best to do first?

Thanks for any advice.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..whats your budget? BBT turbo kit 6kish (260hp ish), or headwork, cams, manifold matching, smt7 etc 3kish (200hp ish), both these combos require decent exhaust, ik, just to give you a rough idea :cool:

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..or if your buget is low, IK £250ish, ss exhaust £300, with the rsport chip (not sure of cost...somebody?), not a massive increase in power but better driveability and maybe some eibachs to improve the handling £150 ish. :oops:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

"Any advice on modifying a 182?"

Go f*ck yourself you f*ucking c*nt, what the f*uck are you asking a question like that on a f*cking clio forum for. F*ck off!!!!!

And welcome to cliosport.

Cover it in super glue and drive through Halfords.

But seriously, why would you want to mod an already outstanding car? I recommend you save your cash for sticky tape to fix all the rattles that come with it...

If it were my car the list would be as follows.

Coilovers (drop Andy at GDI a call) with the necessary arch liners etc modified.

Better seats.

Uprated brakes.

Engine wise I would either spend a fortume or nothing gains from the engine are minimal with small spending You need to sped ~£3k to get a big enough gains.

none :(

Quote: Originally posted by gingerwarrior79 on 14 July 2005

leeds_182 - grow up you idiot - pathetic.

Thanks other people for the helpful advice - budget probably up to a grand so some useful tips. cheers.

why you slating leeds_182 im sure he was helping you

by the look of things he was telling the other person that gave you the sacaastic comment to give sensible advice

Quote: Originally posted by gingerwarrior79 on 14 July 2005

leeds_182 - grow up you idiot - pathetic.

Thanks other people for the helpful advice - budget probably up to a grand so some useful tips. cheers.
leeds 182 was defending you actually !!!, he was having a go at mcardal, and poss griff

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 14 July 2005

weve covered that already.

its one big happy fat one rolling community here.
im well aware of that, on account of the fact i can read:p

Apologies then - more hassle than its worth!! Maybe ill just search through old posts next time, might be easier. thanks for the useful posts though - appreciated.

Maybe theres room for an faq per car that people can add their mods too with a rough price? Then perhaps others can put their feedback against each item? Might be a useful guide...

Or as you all said, hit the search button first...

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Quote: Originally posted by Strike on 14 July 2005

Maybe theres room for an faq per car that people can add their mods too with a rough price? Then perhaps others can put their feedback against each item? Might be a useful guide...

Or as you all said, hit the search button first...

Why should people search? Its hardly filling up the (very slow moving) front page with 182 tuning topics and what new options are avalible. I dont wanna use old tuning methods if a new improved product is released/ recently tested.

The search facility hasnt worked properly for almost a year anyhow!

A FAQ section has to be the way forward!

Nobody ever listens though :sleep: :( :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 14 July 2005

The search facility hasnt worked properly for almost a year anyhow!

A FAQ section has to be the way forward!

Nobody ever listens though :sleep: :( :confused:

FAQ section in the members area? Makes sense when the new forum is up and new members are allowed.

induction kits fu4k up the car done it mpg when down by 10

leave the car alone and just buy an exhaust and better brake pads.

and new seats.

o if its not got cup sus on some coilovers