ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Mpg

Just wondering what sort of MPG people get out of there 182's?

More interested in motorway cruising than round the town MPG.

Thanks

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
In my first week I Averaged 44.3 mpg for one tank, never had this much power and didn't want to prang it lol. Second week a more realistic mpg of 34.5. I'm now in my 3rd week and its on 27mpg!! Been hitting the B roads.... I fcukin' love this car!

So between 30 and 34 is about right.

Thats not too bad. I average 33mpg from my 1.6 at the moment. I really wanna get a 182 the only prob is the missus is likely to be moving away so its gonna be a killer on fuel if I do.

Nissan 350Z
29.6 mine is showing. Roads vary constantly from dual carriageways, town and countryside. Hard driving style, but relatively sensible on dual carriageways.

Clio 172 mk2
According to my trip computer I got 42mpg on the motorwat at a constant 75-80mph...don't know how reliable it is though.

TBH I#m pretty impressed with the fuel consumption of my 172...for a performance car it doesn't seem that bad at all.

Nissan 350Z
Especially when some of these lardy 2.0 litre turbo hatches are struggling to get much better than 20 MPG!

I've heard the Astra VXR actually struggles to get 20 MPG at all!

Clio 172 mk2
Well after owning a WRX the RS is great...the petrol consumption in that Jap rocket was just frightening!

320d
My 172 used to give figures of 50 mpg doing a steady 60mph, i was works time so i was in no rush

Never really went below 30mpg round town

Nissan 350Z
Neil G said:
I can't imagine it is either especially when chipped.

Pretty much the same as most lardy turbocharged hatchbacks - low 20's... i have a mate who has a chipped Leon Cupra... apparently he sees low 30's on the motorway, but thats still pretty poor, because he doesnt really drive quick at all!

Thanks for all the figures everyone!

Just been to the Seat dealer looking at the Ibiza TDI Cupra. 160bhp and 50mpg+ sounds good to me! Just gotta wait for them to get one in for a test drive.

Clown Car
Dazz said:
I really wanna get a 182 the only prob is the missus is likely to be moving away so its gonna be a killer on fuel if I do.

This is easy to sort out -

1. Get a 182 then rag the arse off it as much as you can.

2. Get a new missus then rag the arse off it as much as you can.

If she is going to be selfish what does she expect, no woman is worth all that money spent on fuel.:evil:

**waiting for abuse**

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i'm looking at getting a cupra tdi as well, also same problem of sourcing one though!

My 182 does 38mpg at a constant 70, average 32 mpg for mixture of motorway, town and b roads. which i'm happy with for 8K miles/year. But going to 25K miles a year soon hence need for an oil burner.

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
the bird gets 36mpg and i get 26mpg. HHMMMM
however if you love the car who cares about a few pence per mile saved here and there thats not why i bought the car!
You want economy then buy a diesel skoda!!

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
MPG.jpg

LOL! Just filled up and had the mother in the car! Changing gear before 2k and didn't/wasn't aloud to go over 50mph!

That will soon go back down!

Tangoed Works
About 31-32 urban, not prodding the throttle too hard, approx 42 mpg on motorways doin between 60-70 mph.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Have you tried Seat Approved Used Car Search - http://www.seat.co.uk/

yep, there are 7 used in the uk dealer network at the moment. The nearest to me being 120 miles away in aylesbury. in the process of getting cardiff seat to get one there.

last time i looked on autotrader (yesterday) there was one private one in the uk!