ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 No disc changer - easy to add?

As above, I "might" be buying a 182 (2005) with Recaros fitted. Now there is no disc changer under the seat. Is it easy to fit one? Is the wiring there? Can I get one cheap, if so where from?

I should have checked when I went to view it:eek:

Cheers all.

182 Cup and Seat Ibiza
Hi Mate

I bought one off ebay for £40 and fitted it myself, took about 15 mins all in.

You just need to pull out the head unit and run the cable from it down the side of the centre console to under the seat.

I was quoted £60 for halfords to do it too!

The model you want is the VDO daytona CH600 if i remember correctly, make sure it comes with the cable though, cause they are £85 to buy apparently.

Cheers
Kenny

182 Cup and Seat Ibiza
Hi Mate

I bought one off ebay for £40 and fitted it myself, took about 15 mins all in.

You just need to pull out the head unit and run the cable from it down the side of the centre console to under the seat.

I was quoted £60 for halfords to do it too!

The model you want is the VDO daytona CH600 if i remember correctly, make sure it comes with the cable though, cause they are £85 to buy apparently.

Cheers
Kenny

182 Cup and Seat Ibiza
oops, didn't mean to post that twice, i'm at work and people keep distracting me with work p*sh. do they think i've nothing better to do?
he he

BMW M135i
Yeh, i've done the same thing. Bought one of ebay with the cable for about £50, got the mounting bracket from renault for about £7, took about 30 mins to install from start to finish. The hardest part is running the cable under the carpet, though I probably would have been lost without the haynes for removing the center console.
The changer is a VDO Dayton CH0600, theres usaully 2 or 3 on ebay.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ch0600_W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8

Cheers guys for the reply's.

Good news is Ive brought the car, pick it up tomorrow. So will defo be looking at getting a changer.

Thanks again:)

Ford Fiesta
ive got VDO unit in mine, dealer fit not factory fit. The factory units are alpine. Will it still fit with the bracket under the recaros?