ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 no more

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Basically I would like to say thankyou to all the nice people i've met from here & have helped me over the past 4 years (!) as I finally get rid of my Racing Blue 182 and move on to Mazda ownership as of Friday! So long are the days of rattles and a constant worry over things going wrong lol ;) (or so I hope!)

Bye guys!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
lol, I know you'll all hate the MX-5 as a replacement but my 182 needed some money spending on it and I can't justify it as i'm bored of it after 2 years. I've always wanted a convertible (with red leather may I add :D) and got offered a really good price from Mazda for my 182 part ex so couldn't resist! (plus it's done less miles than the clio!)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
oh dear, here we go...

I shall refrain from further replies! After all, this thread was for the mature people of CS that i've actually met.

koi

Audi S1
Was expecting a written off 182 when I seen the title, glad it's not!! Enjoy the Mazda, buh-bye

Basically I would like to say thankyou to all the nice people i've met from here & have helped me over the past 4 years (!) as I finally get rid of my Racing Blue 182 and move on to Mazda ownership as of Friday! So long are the days of rattles and a constant worry over things going wrong lol ;) (or so I hope!)

Bye guys!

Lotterskates!

Rat out or GTFO tbh. :cool:

Nimbus 197
enjoy, should be fun in the summer. Of course, if you wanted less rattles you could have just got a 197, lol (ducks and hides)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I thought you were getting a MR2?

Only MX5 I'd have is something similar to Waitey's old one. Could never get a car with less power to weight than the 172.

Artic Blime 182
Thats a bit off a change lol, i love Japanese cars.. what are the plans and have you got any photos? Good choice with the red leather interior a fave of minr as well :)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Cheers guys :)

Yeah I had planned to get a 2003-2004 Toyota MR2 but I had my 182 for sale privately for about 6 weeks and had nothing but timewasters wanting it for 4500-5k which I wasn't prepared to let it go for. Strange how I ended up buying the Mazda really as I never particularly had an interest in them (much prefer the look of mr2's), was actually on the way to Newcastle to go and view an MR2 and drove past a Mazda dealers that had the mx-5 that i've bought on the forecourt, anyway... I spotted red leather so thought i'd have a nosey around, had a test drive and fell in love! Mazda offered me a really good price for my 182 aswell after a bit of bargaining and the MX5 is coming with 12 months warrenty, 12 months MOT, Tax, Cambelt change & service and it drives fab. So yeah.. it's only a 1.6 but it feels so fun! and i rarely ever drove the 182 like most of you on here would do anyway so the loss in bhp isn't really an issue for me.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
^ we will stay in touch daz, don't worry :) will have to meet up when I pick it up if you fancy :)

Da

Less
Yeah course Anni, sounds good! I'll let you drive ol'RB so you can see what you'll be missing ;)

You still frequenting Burnley this week?

Tangoed Works
So many not in the know about mx5's.

Had a 2.0 one as a courtesy car when my 182 got written off. Put the cup pack 182 handling to utter shame. Yes they have a hairdresser image, but when you can go flat out round roundabouts and long sweepers and feel totally confident, you realise what they are about.

Absolutley brilliant upgrade imo enjoy it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you got a great deal Anni. Enjoy hun.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
thanks for the comments :) wouldn't class it as an upgrade from my 182 to be honest, just a change i guess! it did feel very nice to drive though on the test drive last sat, and surprisingly nippy!

yeah daz.... working at Burnley general full time for the next 5 weeks, then a 4 week break and then im there again for another 4 weeks on special baby care unit :) i'll make sure i've got the xenons on for you to spot me ;) hehe

Da

Less
Haha...still none the wiser as to who that was! I was convinced it was you! ;)

We work at Burnley General too from time to time so I'll keep an eye out if I ever get sent there!
You'll have to text me so we can arrange this meet you speak of :)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
I will Daz :) picking it up Friday all being well with DVLA sending me the log book for the 182 (put my reg on retention) so i'll give you a text over the weekend if you're free :)

ITB'd MK1
MX5 is a great little car. Lots of tuning potential, turbo's being the really popular route. I think i'd stick some throttle bodies on one though

E92 M3
gutted to see you selt it mate but as long as its gone to a good home and your happy thats all that matters

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
little update....

I MISS MY 182 :( well.... i miss the power thats for sure! (don't say i told you so!) struggling to get used to being over taken frequently :( oh well! oh and another thing... my mazda uses significantly MORE fuel than the 182 which wasnt to be expected?!... gutted!!! insurance is £50 a month though as opposed to £117 :D

a few pics -

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._649364945893_61212860_40496321_1984753_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._649364935913_61212860_40496319_7527010_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._649364950883_61212860_40496322_1767801_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v644/134/44/61212860/n61212860_40442911_4338233.jpg

and of course... the all important shopping space ;)
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v644/134/44/61212860/n61212860_40442995_5441439.jpg

will keep an eye out on here to see if the new owner of my racing blue is on here!

:)

RB 182
Ah Perrys :) I work for Perrys in Huddersfield, and do Mazdas MOTs. I hate these but im biased, they're rubbish to MOT! Seen a few mint ones mind inc an 02 plate on 1700 miles.

A tip, drive it hard and often, i fail so many on the emissions because they're weekend toys

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
^^ probably :(

faxo... yeah its had 1 lady owner and basically used a a weekend car. serviced by the same man aswell on the same date every year! would you say theyre reliable then?

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol! I got rid of a 1.9D partner van, and replaced it with a 106GTI as a run around, and it is so much better on fuel than the van, how does that work?! lol!