ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 noise

182BG
everytime i move with full lock,
the car moves a little then theres a loud clunk and the front end sorta jumps, then it rolls some more and does it again.
Basically everytime its on full lock

feels like the springs are being put under alot of strain then, they ping back in to position, but i really don't know what it is (the only way i can explain it really)

ive checked if theres any rubbing of the wheels but there isn't

is this a common thing???

normal driving its fine, going round corners is fine, but its only when moving on full lock

oh and can someone tell me why, when i lock my car sometimes it beeps at me???

Cheers
Lee.

mine jumps, i think someone said it was just the driveshafts moving/jumping... not sure tho... it didnt do it with standard 15's, only my 16's

edit: only ever does it on full right lock, never full left

Renault Clio Sport 2002
Hmmm funny u mention this, mine makes some kind of funny sound on full right turn lock ONLY. Mind u i dont know if i've ever done a full left turn lock as I only ever do it when I do a u-turn, and Australia is like the UK we drive on the left side of the road, so we only ever really do a right-hand u-turn.

I was going to get my checked out when I take it in for a service in a couple of weeks.

Dave

clio 182 cup
Its normal to get slight clonk when moving slowly in forward or reverse on full lock. its due to the geometry settings and the difference in " Toe in turns settings". ie when you turn full left lock your inside wheel will be turnred at a slightly greater angle than the outside. this cause`s one wheel to kind of fight against the other. Its just more noticable in small light cars with larger wheels and more radical geometry settings..... are ya bored now

BMW M3
Yeah, as Jez said it can jump a bit because of the positioning of the wheels. But, if you get a sort of knocking/squeaking noise, then it could be you strut top mount. I had this and got it fixed. Fixes are either a little grinding work needed or adding a metal washer that Fred suggested in his post a while ago.

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm sure that mine used to clonk sometimes on full lock when I first got it. Don't recall it doing it since though.

Flame Red 172!
Mine also beeps at me sometimes when locking - no idea why

Think this is because your ecu is still sending a signal to the alarm saying the ignition is on, think this happens for about 3-4 seconds, try leaving it a little longer before locking, see how you get on...