ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 (non cup pack) Suspension refresh sense check

Hi all

I’ve recently treated myself to an 04 plate 182 in titanium silver. Absolutely loving it at the moment but I’ve got plans to sort a few things out on it.

I’m going to refresh the suspension and wanted to run it by you guys before pulling the trigger. This car DOESNT have the cup suspension pack.

I’m going to go with:
- Cooksport springs
- 172 cup front and rear shocks (apparently this should fit with the front hubs)
- new front wishbones (I’ve read that 182 and 182 cup pack will originally have different ones, mine having less caster. But if I order some now I’ll automatically get the 182 cup ones which will bolt straight in?)

Will this all bolt straight in?
And also, is there anything else worth doing whilst I’m in there thats commonly done?)

Cheers

Clio182
Hi all

I’ve recently treated myself to an 04 plate 182 in titanium silver. Absolutely loving it at the moment but I’ve got plans to sort a few things out on it.

I’m going to refresh the suspension and wanted to run it by you guys before pulling the trigger. This car DOESNT have the cup suspension pack.

I’m going to go with:
- Cooksport springs
- 172 cup front and rear shocks (apparently this should fit with the front hubs)
- new front wishbones (I’ve read that 182 and 182 cup pack will originally have different ones, mine having less caster. But if I order some now I’ll automatically get the 182 cup ones which will bolt straight in?)

Will this all bolt straight in?
And also, is there anything else worth doing whilst I’m in there thats commonly done?)

Cheers
The Cup models had different hubs so that will be key in figuring out what will fit directly onto standard ones - not much help, sorry, but perhaps a good starting point?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Only cup packed 182s had the larger bolt spacing on the front hubs, 172 cup shocks and the wishbones will be fine. I think those are the only wishbones listed now anyway. So yes should all be fine.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Definitely add engine mount/dog bone mount to your list. With a suspension and lower arm refresh along with some engine refresh will make the car feel like new

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I believe you should have had extra caster lower arms from the factory, weren't they were introduced for the 172 cup and everything from 172 cup on words had them?

Top Mounts.
Bushes.
Check if the steering rack has any play where the track rods meet it.
Could do engine mounts?

EDIT: Could be worth a read:

Last edited: