ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Non Cup suspension part confusion - outer tie rods

182 Blue Top
Morning chaps,

Been searching the forums ;) for an hour or os and seem to have whittled down a parts list for suspension items as follows but getting confused on outer track rods:

Inner Tie or track Rods - 7701473656 (~330mm length) Should be able to get from motor factors and not renault
Track Rod Ends - Lemforder Items £20

Steering Rack Bushes : 7701470760 (need two sets? - motor factors should be able to source these?)
ARB Bushes (23mm outer 25mm inner)

What's getting me confused, is what the outer track/tie rod are? I thought it went:
Inner tie rod -> outer tie rod -> tie rod end

Or is it literally just the inner tie rods, which the ends are screw onto which are the ball joint part?

182 Blue Top
OK So i've learned that there's only two components being the inner coaxial rod thing, and then the track rod end which attaches to the hub, both parts have I have manged to source,

Though i have another question, how do i measure the length of the inner tie rod. Looking down, you have the small thread 10mm or so, ball joint then long rod threaded all the way to the end, so is it a case of measuring from the third thread on the left to the outermost thread on the right?