ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 OIL LEAK !!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 06 February 2005
Why dont u ask Renault?

Coz Renault are closed on Sundays?? ;)

Renault 182

Going back to the point, you dont have to use renault filters etc when you have a service............basically i have done the same as you, there is no way im paying nearly 200 quid for sum kid mechanic at renault to touch my car, its going down to my personal mechanic who knows me and my car, so he will treat it like its his own!

He was telling me all about it, its called block exemption, meaning you can take it to a vat registered garage, plus you can use any filter as long as comes up to the standard of the original filter, for example he was telling me about fram oil filters how i could use them because they could came upto standard and they had a case with a car manufacture about this.

Hope it makes sense.......but to make it simple you are ok

[Edited by Gareth Rallye on 06 February 2005 at 6:47pm]

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

182blue, see if the rocker/cam carrier bolts , (wichever it is on a 182), are loose. try pinching them up a little. say 1/4turn? see how they feel! this would probably cure a minor leak! and save you a fortune! just dont overtighten them!

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 06 February 2005

182blue, see if the rocker/cam carrier bolts , (wichever it is on a 182), are loose. try pinching them up a little. say 1/4turn? see how they feel! this would probably cure a minor leak! and save you a fortune! just dont overtighten them!
not being funny but the car is new and is under warranty so it wont cost me a penny, also most of the bolts are under the inlet so that would need removing too

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

doh! if its under warranty, just chuck it at reno. take the 1.2 courtesy car and have done. the fact that kwik sh*t did a oil change is neither here nor there! just make sure they dont try to say the leak is too minor to be fixed at this time! (a common get out).

***another update****

renault have booked the car in, it will now be fixed on the 28th feb WTF, thats the first time they got a courtesy car available

Ford Fiesta

not good news at all is it mate.

When I got a 6K oil change at renault they also spilled a small amount of oil.

But I dare not go out and take cover off. :(

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 08 February 2005

well it looks like oil is leaking out of the bolt holes on the rocker cover, not very happy but we will see if this fixes it

Ford Fiesta

Shaun, I will go take a look now, are you pretty sure its coming out of these bolt holes, which are these?

Suppose it will be obvious if there is oil.

ps the circles show were the bolts are that seem to be leaking, the arrows show were the oil is flowing, and the bottom pic show the bolt with oil in valley behind it

Dont worry it looks like a spillage and thats all. Have you tried to fill the oil up with the engine cover on without dribbling some oil over the metal parts? The mechanics are not going to be too carefull.

wish me luck, the cars going in tommorrow, lets see what damage they do to it this time, i wonder what sh*t hire car they will give me

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 08 February 2005

are you meant to get a change at 6k?? i didnt

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

ah sound mate, mines in on tues for the 1st service £184 its stinging me

anyway guid luck wi the stuff on yours :D

well car is in the garage, they have just rang and said they will need the car at least another day (so im guessing they forgot to order the parts!!!FFS),anyway looks like ill be driving around for a while in the new golf hire car they have lent me:(

got my car back tonight, they say its fixed, they havnt sorted the alarm as it beeped as i shut it when i got home !!!! f**kers

it looks like they have put some red sealant stuff around the bolts ??what is this

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, its instant red gasket

it should fix it mate, though it is the quicker way of fixing it and possibly not as good in some peoples eyes as actually strippin it down and doing it properly, i doubt you get anymore leaks though if they sealed it well

right thx, according to them it was stripped and a new gasket was put in, they appeared to have used the red stuff on the bolt heads etc, the bill i saw came to over £800 for 2 days work ???

Volvo S60 T5

The gasket is the sealant, Loctite 418 comes.

2 days to do, I can understand that as half the time you get pulled of a job to do a waiting job and so on.

I done my head and all that on my car in 8 hours solid.

Glad its sorted Shaun.:)

yeh im hoping they have fixed it now, im guessing it will have done it as it was only very minor and appeared to come from the bolt holes

ps i got the oil flap mike thx :)