ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 OIL LEAK !!!

id of thought its just overspill from the oil change, renault mechs are not renowned for being the most carefull people in the world.

Volvo S60 T5

you just had it serviced then?

clean it up , check it in a months time if its just been serviced.

Bloody reno techs:mad: no need to splill oil at all, if they do at least clean it up!

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 23 January 2005

yep thats a big job to do, not only is it a rocker cover it also holds the cams in place, so cambelt has to come off and so on.

bit like this..... but not a head off job like this was, new sealer required around shiny surfaces, then re-build and test.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1095185458__PICT0007.jpg

what you reckon then mike is it gasket??, the oil is only in those valleys, not down the engine, there is a little on a bit of back of engine too, just 2 little bits tho

you just had it serviced then?

clean it up , check it in a months time if its just been serviced.

Bloody reno techs:mad: no need to splill oil at all, if they do at least clean it up!

not serviced, but it has had an oil change

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Give it a wipe and go for a drive then see if theres any more oil there.

Wouldnt be suprised if they spilt a bit thou, the muppets forgot to put my filler cap back on after my oil change. Ended up loosing about £10 worth of mobile one and oil all over my shiny engine.

Volvo S60 T5

clean it up and have a look in a few weeks time, may just be spillage.

otherwise its gona need stripping and sealing up.

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 23 January 2005

Give it a wipe and go for a drive then see if theres any more oil there.

Wouldnt be suprised if they spilt a bit thou, the muppets forgot to put my filler cap back on after my oil change. Ended up loosing about £10 worth of mobile one and oil all over my shiny engine.

hi, yes that was first thing i did, cleaned it up, then i went out canned it round local bypass, then checked it and it looked ok (no more oil)

clean it up and have a look in a few weeks time, may just be spillage.

otherwise its gona need stripping and sealing up.
its ok to leave for a few weeks then, also how long do you think it will take to do, i.e is it an overnight job

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 24 January 2005

would the fact that kwik fit didnt fit a proper renault filter affect the warranty !!
I would expect so if somethin major goes wrong. I would get it changed if i were you, going off how many times mine has been back to reno! Going again this week!

im guessing that too, i went to buy the filter from renault too, but they didnt have any in stock, does anyone know for sure

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

For the sake of £40/50 its just not worth it. I would buy your own oil, filter and take it to a VAT registered garage and get them to change it. 10 minute job with a ramp.

yeh i know, but when you just spent £40 - £50 on a change, another £50 kinda pisses me off, but i guess it is better than 1k on top end rebuild

right, been to renault, oil and filter change £50 all in, now ill keep an eye on it and see if it leeks anymore, but i did notice that the mechanic had spilled tho oil, and it looks like it has gone into the same places as the other oil was that i thought might have leeked, so it could have just been a spillage

buger bugger, looks like the engine cover is leaking again, just been and found more oil in same place, looks like its going back to renault again ??, anyone else had this on a 182

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 23 January 2005

also i didnt have the oil changed at renault, kwik fit did it, does this affect warranty
did they use a renault filter?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 24 January 2005

would the fact that kwik fit didnt fit a proper renault filter affect the warranty !!
woops should have read on... apparently must use reno parts for warranty

yeh i know that, but if you read the rest of post you will see this and i quote:-

""right, been to renault, oil and filter change £50 all in, now ill keep an eye on it and see if it leeks anymore, but i did notice that the mechanic had spilled tho oil, and it looks like it has gone into the same places as the other oil was that i thought might have leeked, so it could have just been a spillage ""

lol concentrate:p

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 06 February 2005

dunno, mike 172 posted it, what did you have done
No I mean, that literally is the picture from the work on my car! Mike fixed the oil leak I had..:)

I had exactly the same leak on my 172 when I picked it up. Just a rocker cover gasket. Bout the only thing my local dealer managed to sort out in one go. Appart from the fact it took 3 days to identify the fault and fix it.

Quote: Originally posted by mrk1 on 06 February 2005

I had exactly the same leak on my 172 when I picked it up. Just a rocker cover gasket. Bout the only thing my local dealer managed to sort out in one go. Appart from the fact it took 3 days to identify the fault and fix it.

i hope it dont take 3 days to do