ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on 60k....

First post so hi everyone! About to buy an 2004 (04) 182 with both cup packs in silver. It's done a smidge under 60k, has full reno service history, one owner from new, having 60k service done before I collect and coming with a 3 month warranty from an independent dealer. I can get it for £5,700 - does this sound right? What are the 5 bigest faults I need to check for when I view?

Milage wise - is there anybody out there with a 182 on circa 60k - if so have you had any major problems?

Thanks all.

I think thats a fair price I would have it for that, as above though cambelt and aux belt is due at 5yrs old or 72k, which ever comes first. Theres a few about on that kind of mileage, wouldn't put me off at all, nicely run in and any problems would have be ironed out.

Shhh
nowt that cant be fixed thats not expensive, unless the engine pops.

all the faults should have been sorted by the previous owners..

Shhh
Just check that its all right, ie.. someone has not just fitted the wheels.

If it has both cup packs...it needs.

Red light in rear spoiler
Front splitter on bottom of front bumper
Grey anthriate wheels
Cup suspension - unsure how to check this..

Drive it in reverse with full lock on in both directions, looking for clunks. Usually top mounts catching and need a washer.

Drive it hard in first, about 5-6k usually get a clunk, top engine mount out of alignment

Check aircon works, turn it on full, and get out of car and leave it for 10-15mins.. should be really cold. About £80 to recharge

Check interior light area for a buzz, usually climate control fan.

Check cruise control switch works correctly, and does not switch itself off

Check heater works, had a history of resistor packs going

Ensure has cargo nets and cans of foam, as no spare wheel.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
im on 60k and no issues.
The worse issues i had were at up to 20k whilst under warranty, handbrake jammed on a few times (big deal!) and the classic top mount of suspension squeaked, though thats all fixed.

id recommend oil change every 6k and use decent oil.

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
My 04 Clio 182 with 28k miles has a buzzing from the interior light. I see that it could be the climate control fan from the above thread.

My mechanic (local garage) says this is normal but somehow I can't imagine a car having such an annoying buzz.

If I take it to Renault how much will they charge on approx?

My 04 Clio 182 with 28k miles has a buzzing from the interior light. I see that it could be the climate control fan from the above thread.

My mechanic (local garage) says this is normal but somehow I can't imagine a car having such an annoying buzz.

If I take it to Renault how much will they charge on approx?
Its a common issue you could have searched its the intier climate control fan just replace it its dead easy to do do a search for an explanation.

New Kangoo Van!
i paid 6995 for a 54 reg 182 cup sport in black/gold october 07 with 29k miles on it from a garage in scunthorpe. its in mint condition and wen i got there i put a deposit on it striaght away as the guy said to me later that afternoon he could have sold it 100 times the amount of calls he had! i was expecting a rite shed wen i got there and i was on the lookout 4 a 182 4 months! thought this was a steal!