ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on coilovers...

not as good imo, too firm for my liking but only been on a couple of days and yet to play around with them. give it a few weeks and ill have a better idea. it is gokart like on the bends now though lol corners flat as f**k.

Weeman sucks ****

theyll be better for track use than the h&rs id have thought. mine are too soft but you got to compromise.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Couldnt you have combined the two? Unlike you to miss an opportunity like that!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

oh no! Looks a mess imo.

Hard seats, no airbag! (not very safe), nasty rims (yer i know they are light)

At least the coilovers where a good idea!

Oh well each to their own.

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 07 June 2005

oh no! Looks a mess imo.

Hard seats they are actually pretty comfortable and i didnt by it to be a cruiser for long motorway journeys anyway, no airbag! Your point ? have you actually seen an airbag go off trust me you wouldnt want to be near one, and if you need airbags to be safe then mention a motorsport where they use them ?(not very safe), nasty rims (yer i know they are light) Fair comment on the rims they werent the top of my list either.

At least the coilovers where a good idea!

Oh well each to their own.

172, Tiguan

Seats are fantastic, coilovers are fantastic. Wheels look bloody awful, but I get where your coming from so furry muff.

Not sure about the steering wheel, but then again I kinda get that as well.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

I think reno have dont a god job of making a safe car for the real world...not motorsport.

The saftey system needs seat belts and airbags to work....not 1 or the other.

I can see why ud put 4 point harnsess in a valver/williams but not the newer safer cars...just imo tho

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I think reno have dont a god job of making a safe car for the real world...not motorsport.

I can see why ud put 4 point harnsess in a valver/williams but not the newer safer cars...just imo tho

Ask roamer what he would prefer

There are numerous people i personally know that have been in accidents(in some cases severe ones) where having buckets and harnesses lessened the injuries they would have sustained and in a couple of cases saved their lives. A friend of mine works for the fire brigade and i can tell you his opinion on some of the supposed "safety" features on some modern cars.

Fact of the matter is as soon as you have an accident you are put in a position to sustain injury no matter how many safety back ups you have. i dont feel any less safe for having removed the std belts and airbags. If it concerns you then the answer is simple dont set foot in my car or one with the same items fitted.

Looks sh*t;)

Slip it over to me on the weekend mate and Ill do you some pics.

He sets them up and wait for it.........................

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..wheels have been delayed m8, cash has gone on bigger injectors and a larger bore exhaust, crimbo methinks :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 07 June 2005

..wheels have been delayed m8, cash has gone on bigger injectors and a larger bore exhaust, crimbo methinks :oops:

ive gotta stop spending everytime i think ill leave it i get something else.

Brazo no probs fella ill give you a shout. btw did you call on my old mobile the other day ?

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

When I get her (car) back I will be knocking on your door :D

Will check with mr c as to what springs you have now.

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 07 June 2005
What next then, working cage?

loud as f**k straight through decatted race system with only 1 silencer not two.

probably tomorrow fella. Got a few things to do today and there are about 500000000 bugs on the bonnet bumper and mirrors so needs a dam good clean before pics.

either going to be yozzasport, BTB exhausts, or Haward and scott. need to call all of them and get some quotes 1st. Tbh wont happen for a month or so the CC needs to cool down 1st and i have a couple of weekends away and big nights on the piss so the exhaust can wait.

£££ ? straight through race system, decatted, flanges to refit the cat for MOTs, with one rear silencer like the current cup cars ? oh and is there a choice on tailpipes ?