ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on tick over???

Dyson
I've just got my shiny 182 and notice on tick over it seems very lumpy? is this normal?

Also you wanna hear the exhaust note on "dennisv6" car. sounds like p**n!! :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lumpy idle is a characteristic of the 172/182's mate .It should be 850rpm + or - 50rpm when warmed up .

C

clio172cup20

Sounds horrible until it reaches its opitium temp, its normal mate!!!

Deffo normal - lumpy idle and mine doesn't run particularly well for the first mile or so from cold, very hesitant. Mechanic at dealers told me it's to do with Renault engines running lean at tickover to satisfy emmisions regulations. Not sure how much truth is in that but might be plausible...

LY 182
I like to think of my 182 when in idle, like when I wake up...

grunts and snorts, hesitant, and not all there.

Once warmed (coffee) raring to go!!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ Lol, too true though.

As everyone has said, its normal mate. Lumpy gear changes at first when cold too...

Tyson.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Harry182 said:
I've just got my shiny 182 and notice on tick over it seems very lumpy? is this normal?

Also you wanna hear the exhaust note on "dennisv6" car. sounds like p**n!! :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Ive heard dennis's vee from the outside and from the passenger seat :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Its fooking awesome.

Focus ST
I actually like the sound of my 182 when it first starts up from cold! Sounds a bit more meaty and interesting than smooth, warm running!

I must be strange.............

Fiesta ST3
i am still new to this 182 ownership but i have noticed mine is horrible first thing in the morning, twitchy accceleration clunky gears but after 2-3 mins all is back to normal:D

Dyson
:D :D I'll have to park her in doors to keep her warm.........

Daveclio172 do you live in witney??????????????????

Fiesta ST3
dont want to spark off the whole fuel debate but i am on my 3rd tank of fuel in a week first two were shell optimax now i have a tank full of sainsburys finest high octane (only97) and economy has fallen dramatically wont be using that stuff again but there is no other petrol stations close by... looks like abit of a further journey to fill up with BP stuff anyone know what octane theres is?
my only other choice is esso high octane which again is only 97?:(

Dyson
:rasp:I'm on esso, i will be try Optimax next. Saw a test on telly a while back where found optimax is only one that really works on any car.

Lots of bloody money:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Harry182 said:
:rasp:I'm on esso, i will be try Optimax next. Saw a test on telly a while back where found optimax is only one that really works on any car.

Lots of bloody money:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Yes Optimax does cost a bit more, but i find the mpg rises when i use the stuff, it also cleans the fuel tank better then any other fuel.

Leon Cupra 300
ive used loads of different petrols, but find it does best mpg on sainsburys, be it 95 or 97!!! i do think it has a bit more go on optimax though, mainly if your just on half throttle though it feels more eager. think thats a good way to describe it :D