ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or 172

I thought I would see what people here think. I am going to buy a 172 this weekend. Do you think it is worth waiting for the 182 to come out? I am also going to buy a import has anyone got any experiences of this?

Any Help would be good

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

From what i have learned today the 182 has many changes over the 172 and is well worth considering

A garage has about 7 172s left they are all imports with same spec, and three year Renault warranty. All new, they anticipate getting the 182s in, in about 6 to 8 weeks. With this happening it could give some bargaining power with the 172.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 15 January 2004

From what i have learned today the 182 has many changes over the 172 and is well worth considering
Like................

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Longer gearing.. that will kill acceleration will it not ? remember the mk1 172 in 5th.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No. its about 1-2mph per gear

to be honest it may be my calculations/conversions

182 172

1st 40mph 40mph
2nd 66mph 65mph
3rd 93mph 92mph
4th 120mph 118mph
5th 155mph 153mph
could this be an altered final drive?

Lee

BMW M2C

172s dont hit 92 in 3rd. More like 89mph on the limiter. if they did Id not have to shift to 4th before the end of the 1/4 mile. lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah should be a laugh. (i need to learn to drive normally first)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Back on topic..

You can get a 172 for about 12,000 (if you can find one) you might not be able to get an import 182 (at least not to begin with) so would have to pay nearer 14,500 worth thinking about...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Lloyds TSB Car Select now have 182s for £12200! Thats a UK Car for Import Pricing!

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

depends what account u hold? classic / select / gold / platinum?? Lemme know and Ill find out for ya. I should know as Im trainee Personal Account Manager for LTSB. I do know u need to have products in the Lloyds TSB group to b eligible to buy a car. I get em a bit cheaper cos of bein staff :D

anyway let me know what a/c u hold (pm me if ya like) and Ill find out

dk

911 GTS Cab

you can only buy if you bank with them and you dont get any discount for the account you hold as I have a Platinum and they wouldnt give me anything! They even told me which dealer it is coming from so its no different from ordering direct with the dealer but with a fantastic plrice!

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just got a Gold account. Looking at it you have to take it on finance anyway which bumps it up quite a lot more, but still a little bellow RRP.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Unless you can get a blinding deal on a 172, then wait that extra few weeks and get a 182 instead...

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Dave182.... u got the platinum brochure with u?? Cos Marks got the one for our a/c, and it says in there....

refund of one years platinium account fees worth £144 when you buy a car

Not sure on any small print... But check the platinum pack u got when u upgraded the account...

Found a place that is doing the 182 for £12,000 or £12,250 with the suspension upgrade. Delivery 1st March. I am thinking of waiting now, unless I can get a good deal on a 172. Thanks for all your opinions.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Thanks Louise, I do remember reading that now a while ago, but then I bought a 172 from Renault Wolverhamption so forgot about it. But now I have cancelled that and ordered a 182 from Lloyds I should be able to get that, thanks for the info!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 15 January 2004
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Unless you can get a blinding deal on a 172, then wait that extra few weeks and get a 182 instead...<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">

apart from the extra power and the fact that its the newer model, hasnt everyone realised by now that the 182 looks rubbish, the alloys look like cheap plastic trims, the stylings not as aggressive as the 172 and the exhausts!!! Well dont get me started!! V6 apart, the latest 172 was the best a clio was ever going to look!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Admob - You cant really comment on the alloys until you have seen them in anthracite in the flesh, and not a photoshopped car!

The Styling is exactly the same as the 172 so how you can decide it isnt as agressive? In fact it is probably more agressive due to its wider and lower stance and the extra long Cup spoiler!

The Exhausts produce more power, save you having to add them without losing your warranty and are supposed to produce a much more throatier sound, that all sounds rather good to me, but I too may be bitter if I had just bought a nice new car and they replaced it within months with a better model! (Which is why I cancelled my 172 and ordered the nice new up-to-date 182)

Oh and then theres the nice new colours so that it doesnt look anything like the old car and give it a fresh new look.

Correct me if I am wrong? More and Newer car for same money?

we recieved the list option choice for the wheels we wanted our clios to come with, and there was a WHOLE host of good ones, loads of OZ choice and funny looky robotica Renault ones......wish you guys could of seen them, then youll see there are tons of better wheels....not that those are that bad or anything.

But were in a tiff with Ren at the moment, dozy CNUTs.......weve told them to piss off with their cars.

big red bus

Me and my brother found that the original speedo is always wrong, it tells you ur real speen on origin b2s !!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

My speedo is fine, at 60mph my GPS unit showed 60.5mph, I just wish I could find the damn photo I took..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 16 January 2004

we recieved the list option choice for the wheels we wanted our clios to come with, and there was a WHOLE host of good ones, loads of OZ choice and funny looky robotica Renault ones......wish you guys could of seen them, then youll see there are tons of better wheels....not that those are that bad or anything.

But were in a tiff with Ren at the moment, dozy CNUTs.......weve told them to piss off with their cars.

The french spec list shows Renault sport alloy wheels as an option i imagine these are the MM wheels i saw on the clio at frankfurt IAA.

http://www.pbase.com/image/21237799http://www.pbase.com/image/21237799

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 16 January 2004
Admob - You cant really comment on the alloys until you have seen them in anthracite in the flesh, and not a photoshopped car!  The Styling is exactly the same as the 172 so how you can decide it isnt as agressive?  In fact it is probably more agressive due to its wider and lower stance and the extra long Cup spoiler!  The Exhausts produce more power, save you having to add them without losing your warranty and are supposed to produce a much more throatier sound, that all sounds rather good to me, but I too  may be bitter if I had just bought a nice new car and they replaced it within months with a better model! (Which is why I cancelled my 172 and ordered the nice new up-to-date 182) Oh and then theres the nice new colours so that it doesnt look anything like the old car and give it a fresh new look.Correct me if I am wrong? More and Newer car for same money?

WHOOPS!!!!