ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or 172

I bought my 172 from Motorpoint for £11699 last month, an internet company called Uk Car Broker is selling 182s for £12300 OTR including delivery, also try buymynewcar.com. I chose the 172 over the 182 because I was disappointed when I saw the exhaust on the 182. My car was imported from France and I get a 2 year manufacturers warranty. I am totally happy with my purchase and was actually quite impressed with Motorpoint despite the fact they tried to tell me that I wouldnt be able to insure the car without a cat 1 alarm.

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 16 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 16 January 2004

Admob - You cant really comment on the alloys until you have seen them in anthracite in the flesh, and not a photoshopped car!

The Styling is exactly the same as the 172 so how you can decide it isnt as agressive? In fact it is probably more agressive due to its wider and lower stance and the extra long Cup spoiler!

The Exhausts produce more power, save you having to add them without losing your warranty and are supposed to produce a much more throatier sound, that all sounds rather good to me, but I too may be bitter if I had just bought a nice new car and they replaced it within months with a better model! (Which is why I cancelled my 172 and ordered the nice new up-to-date 182)

Oh and then theres the nice new colours so that it doesnt look anything like the old car and give it a fresh new look.

Correct me if I am wrong? More and Newer car for same money?

You dont loose your "warrenty" by adding a after market exhaust, ssssssssssssshhhhhhh.

Does anyone know much about this Black Gold colour on the 182, is it just a posh name for Metallic Black or is there a hint of gold in the paint work.

It sounds a bit dodgy to me, I wouldnt like a car that looks black in one light and then gold in another. neither would I like speckles of gold in the paint. I just want black. Does anyone have any pictures?