ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or meggy AUX ipod or MP3 CABASSE AUDITORUM

mazda 2 sport white
CABASSE AUDITORUM AUX ipod or MP3 in to standard radio cd cable

this is the way i have made a cable up
so i can run my ipod in to my standard
renault cd radio it sounds cool .

pic 1---- is the plug you need got it from halfords 4.99

pic 2 ----is the plug fitted into the car into the yellow
yellow one as in car from standard .
with pin assignment

pic 3-----phono's sa wires are shown into plug

pic 4-----as pluged in radio rear

you switch aux on the cabasse auditorium in menu
then just get a lead from the phones to the ipod or mp3 lpayer
works spot on .

ps don't ask renault for a lead as they will look very very blank at you
it works on cabasse auditorium 182 and may work in meggys same radio cd have fun all .

links pic 1 http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/mrblue182/1greenplug.jpg

pic 2 http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/mrblue182/2greenplugaux.jpg

pic 3
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/mrblue182/3phonos.jpg

pic 4 http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/mrblue182/4greenyellowplug.jpg

Last edited:
  Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Gutted, just bought one of fleabay for £15 if i had read this before could have saved some $ :dapprove:

Im sure peeps will be interested.

182FF c/w Recaros
buy a dension and stop being tight;)

only jealous cause i forked out £95 on a dension ice linkl:(

I'm after a Denison (with the docking cable) so If you fancy getting a few quid back and making one up yourself like Mr Blue, send me a pm:D ;)

mazda 2 sport white
buy a dension and stop being tight;)

only jealous cause i forked out £95 on a dension ice linkl:(

I'm after a Denison (with the docking cable) so If you fancy getting a few quid back and making one up yourself like Mr Blue, send me a pm:D ;)

tried the denison but no good with the cabbass 2 sent back kept locking up the ipod could not work the next track or album . didn't want the fm denison
thats why i made the lead up

as for the plug it my be the same but you need aux on the radio to do it .

RenaultSport clio 182
:) Brilliant! This is really useful. All I wanted to know was how to connect to the aux mode. With your help I should be able to build a box so I plug a number of audio devices in and switch between them. Thanks!

mazda 2 sport white
:) Brilliant! This is really useful. All I wanted to know was how to connect to the aux mode. With your help I should be able to build a box so I plug a number of audio devices in and switch between them. Thanks!

go to menu on radio and set aux works mint

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
nice one, i also sent my denison back as it distorted alot!

i have the lead in my car from the multichanger so i should be able to find out what leads are needed for the 172!!!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Any chance of doing this to a tuner list h/u on a 2002 172?

Does anyone know what plugs I would need?

i have been doing research and this is not possible, the 172 HU doesnt feature an AUX in function, the HU uses some sony/phillips protocal to carry sound from a mulit changer to the HU.
converters are either in a PC card or a connects to kit/ denison.

this makes me sad!!!

Any chance of doing this to a tuner list h/u on a 2002 172?

Does anyone know what plugs I would need?

i have been doing research and this is not possible, the 172 HU doesnt feature an AUX in function, the HU uses some sony/phillips protocal to carry sound from a mulit changer to the HU.
converters are either in a PC card or a connects to kit/ denison.

this makes me sad!!!

Bugger!!

artic blue 182
i cant find aux on mine....even in expert mode :dapprove: was gonna buy the connects 2 bit of kit but not sure if its gonna work now

Megane R26
Mr blue, in regards to creating this lead. I've got the connector, what did you use to make the third pin, as the connector only has 2 wires. Can you pick the pin up in say maplins?

RenaultSport clio 182
I've finally got round to buying the cable (PC99-BLA). I have a few questions. After removing the wires, did you fit the phonos to the existing crimps? If so there's crimps in PIN1 and 3, so what do I use for PIN2?

mazda 2 sport white
I've finally got round to buying the cable (PC99-BLA). I have a few questions. After removing the wires, did you fit the phonos to the existing crimps? If so there's crimps in PIN1 and 3, so what do I use for PIN2?

i found a cheep phono lead from halfords an removed them from the plug that they were in then put them into the new plug or you could buy the pins . works fine

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
connects 2 do a good bit of kit for the tuner list, it connects into the cd changer port (blue one) on the back of the stereo,needs to go int a decoder like a changer and has a red and black out put, and give you a cable that you can plug into any 3.5mm speaker port, or if you have saya soyy ericson phone you can plu the audio connector strait into the decoder box. wired min up to some through the hole for my glove box light which was completely (imean no lamy unit at all--strange) it was well worth the £30. easy to fit to, if ypu can find a but inside the das for the silver decoder box to stick to. no more nails ona roll is pretty good for this. only probs is you cant controll the mp3/phone /ipod though this juts play the sounds throught he speakers. but its no biggy. i might try and wire it so the cable (earpone jack) comes through the ash tray.

Less
hmm thats just the yellow one that the green slides onto!

13028.jpg

Recaro Black Gold 182
Does that mean it wont work shindig, in other words it has to be the green one? Is that right?

Less
u can just take the yellow one, thats already in the back of the radio and replace it with the one above. Thats my thinking sir!

i will just order one i reckon

Recaro Black Gold 182
Hmmm. What does the yellow one do though, surely its going to stop something working from removing it? Think we need Mrblue182 to clarify.

mazda 2 sport white
Hmmm. What does the yellow one do though, surely its going to stop something working from removing it? Think we need Mrblue182 to clarify.

yellow one's for the display mate the green one slots into the yellow one
the yellow plug with the phones in it will not work ! you need the green plug
swapped into my megane now still works fine

Less
so i will need to the green one after all. Going to make this cable uptonight i reckon. Source some of the parts from work :)

cheers for the confirmation MrBlue :)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
you can get those 3.5mm to 2 rcb cables for less than £3 all in on ebay, try a store called cablestar they sell just about any kind of cable funny enough try them. there a bunch of gold plated ones on ebay for £2.95 all in at the mo, good for sound quality.