ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 over fueling

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Gutted as my 182 has been exellent in the 5k that ive had it and 1 year old nearly(march 1st).Noticed it judering when i give it some stick and then it cut out on me.Engine management light came on and had to call the AA to my work.They said it had gone into limp home mode or something and they re-set it on the old lap top and told me that my fuel sensor had given up the ghost.
I rang renault wolverhampton who were more than helpful and its booked in on wed at 8.am.If i have any probs i have to ring the AA who will get me there on a trailor...
Should i be worried about it cutting out again as telford to wolves garage is 23 miles and or catching fire.
Shame really its been great until now

ian

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
fuel sensor...

I assume he meant the lambda?

I am suprised it kicked into limp for that if thats the case....

however it should be ok to toodle over, just keep the revs down and not rag it.

Andy

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cheers andy,will do.
The light was in the bottom right hand corner and was orange.Looked a bit like a gearbox or an outboard motor.

ian

Sounds like the exhaust emissions light came on, means that the lambda sensor is either dead or something on the injection side has gone wrong. It probably went into limp home mode to stop your car dumping fuel into the exhaust and destroying the cat.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
davep24 said:
Sounds like the exhaust emissions light came on, means that the lambda sensor is either dead or something on the injection side has gone wrong. It probably went into limp home mode to stop your car dumping fuel into the exhaust and destroying the cat.

that was the toxic emmsions light... yup

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
r-jay said:
What did the temp gauge do? Its not the faulty Coolant Temp sensor problem is it?

The temp would read normal one minute then drop to nothing mate.The car stank of cat and petrol...

ian

The temp sensor runs off coolent temp when it goes wrong as they do the engine pumps more fuel in ehnce the stink of fuel and poor Mpg.

106 GTi
ian 182 said:
The temp would read normal one minute then drop to nothing mate.The car stank of cat and petrol...

ian

Common fault like the others have said, causes the ECU the car to think its cold and over fuel. Most peoples on here have been drivaeable, a couple of guys have had there's over fuel so much the AA was the only option.

172 ff
yep, happened to me yesterday on the way to wales, temp guage dropped, the very good AA bloke went straight to the temp sensor, the wire was kinked, causing a the above,
BTW ians car is now mine, just to follow up on this story, will get it back into Renault for a more perm wiring solution.
After having this fix ive had a 5-10+ MPG increase, amazing

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Mine went a little while ago, which I got replaced but did not go in to "limp mode" which I have heard of.

Thomas