ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 owners comments please

Hi all

I have hed my 182 since september and have noticed that when I start the car the windows tend to get misted up a lot if I leave the aircon off.Even if I have the fan turned on full and directed at windscreen and side vents pointing at windows!

Anyone else got this and is it a known problem? Should this happen as it doesnt in any other car I have had?

Help appreciated

Graham.

MINI JCW

The back and front windscreen seem to get misted up but they soon go when I press the back and front windscreen button.

I think alot of cars have this prob, my dads vectra needs the air con on to demist it

Quote: Originally posted by morris182 on 05 December 2004

you havnt got the recirc button pressed have you ?

had no probs with the wifes clio

mark
No mate the recirc button is not pressed, the panel is set to full fresh air,no recirc,21c,no footwell turned on,all vents open and pointing to windows and up.Aircon removes misting as it dehumidifies air making it dry but I surely shoudnt rely on this!I like 21c/22c any hotter and Im cooking. What if I didnt have aircon fitted,the car would continually mist and that surely isnt right!

Thanks for replies anyhow, cars going in

Yaris Hybrid

I find my Clio is prone to steaming up when its raining, on the side and rear side windows. Its a small car inside so the humidity soon builds up and condenses on the coldest surface - the windows.

The little vents for the side windows are not enough unless the fan is going pretty quick. Could be solved by using the larger side vents (keep the centre vents shut to improve air flow to the sides) and set the air flow to come out at drivers face level. Personally though I think you should also set the temp higher.

Otherwise AC does the job fine.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

if i have passengers and its raining it steams up. air con clears it straight away though