ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Panel Filter

Clio 182 cup
My 182 (05 plate) still has the original Renault panel filter in the airbox and I'm wondering if I should replace this with an ITG panel filter?

The car has had one service on 12000 miles when I bought it but the filter was not replaced, should it have been changed on the first service? I'm now on 16000 miles so I'm wondering if its time to replace it myself and therefore spend the little extra and get the ITG?

Clio 172 mk2
Do it...can't do any harm and will save you money in the long run since you don't have to replace the ITG

Clio 182 cup
Should it have been replaced in the first service though? How often should a standard Renault filter last how often should it be replaced?

Cheers

Clio 182 cup
It seems Renault are up to the usual tricks and don't even no what is replaced in the service then!! Service document I have clearly shows the air filter was not changed. Jokers.

Can the top of the airbox be taken off easily, I don't need to disconnect anything first?

megane 225
easy enough mate, 5 or 6 torx screws just at the top of the airbox, i found it helpful to undo the jubilee clip so you can pull the whole top of the airbox out of the elbow aswel.

Clio 182 cup
Would the existing standard filter I have be causing me a loss in performance with it not ever being changed? Just ordered an ITG from 2modified.com.