ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 powertec induction kit

182 cup pack
Cant answer your question,but IMHO a closed induction kit would be better....

I'm reading all the topics related to 182 induction here,but I'm a little confused since I cant say what is the best for our car....

I am between BMC cda,Viper,Maxogen and K&N panel filter at the industrial induction...
Which gives the best power increase ? And which has the best value for money ratio?

ps:Next week a friend of mine with a 182 will visit the dyno for reprogramming and we will try a Bmc cda and a K&N panel filter...I'll post the results as soon as I get them.....

Megane225FF
that's an open induction kit, it'll make a lot of noise, but loose you power depending where you locate it in the engine bay..

will loose power as open kit, as all open kits do

will also not filter properley as its mesh is too open, therfore letting s**t into your engine.

all in all, a waste of money

clio 182
Thanks guys. Think I'll give that one a miss then.

What could I but to get a bit more power? Also making it roar a bit more would be quite nice.

pipercross Viper or the new pipercross £500 jobby, hilpower induction kit, ITG maxogen, k&n apollo, green dynatwist.

all sealed or semi sealed so u wont loose power but might gain some. best gains are apparently on the new piperx, but from experience on here you cant fault the ITG.

Shhh
I had the K&N Appollo and it was great, felt it pull harder, tho i sold it on eBay..

Best bet is to just take a pipe from back of the rad into the engine...maybe get some pipercross foam and make a filter across the hose or something..

clio 182
Having trawled through the message boards, I think I have now decided on an ITG PANEL FILTER, which I can get for about £40.

Is that a good choice, and is it worth it?

clio 182
Changed my mind again!

Have now ordered a pipercross induction kit. £87.99 from thepipercrossshop.co.uk. model number is PK242.

Should I still buy an itg panel filter to go with it, or is that a complete waste of time?

Open filters are ones where you can SEE the filter, closed are the ones that have something around them, metal or carbon fibre usually. With a budget of £150 you should buy either an ITG panel filter (or any toher panel filter) or a Green Dynatwist, nothing else on the market i can think of will be any good.

Oh and DONT buy a panel filter aswell as an induction kit, as the induction kit replaces your original airbox