ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 price quote

I went to Renault Cardiff today to get a price on a 182....ouch i was in for a shock..

Quoted me £14600 for standard 182 with metalic paint. No cup option on that price. Now is it me or have I seen people quote prices like £12500 on these boards?

I said to the guy Ive been quoted far less for non import 182s on the net and he got...i wouldnt say rude but very defensive and said the words "you may get them for that much else where but we sell them for £14600 and thats it"

is this price correct? What else can I say to get them to come down? They did quote me £3300 for my pug 306 though (hoping for 4).

Ford Fiesta

you might not get them down, some dealers arnt interested in haggling, mine wasnt either.

i haggled a nottingham renault dealer down to 12.5k , otr, with both cup packs, it depends on there targets/time of month/etc

I was Quoted a very similar price from renault cardiff inc metallic paint and cup suspension, The guy was not interested in what price i could get anywhere eles. in the end i got it from the internet for 12.5k

black golf v6 4 motion

that would have been there otr price for ppl who dont know how to haggle... bestway to do it...

get some qoutes from http://www.LLoydstsb.co.ukwww.LLoydstsb.co.uk car select and other brokers

take them into a dealer and ask them to get as close to those proces as possible, they proberbly wont be able to match it but may get near to the price.. if they wont say fine and walk out into another dealer who will drop his price

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

was offered mine for 12,800 new with both cup packs,metallic paint,cd changer and a years tax with no haggling whatsoever.

where from FiXX... i hear all these quotes but no idea where to buy em from for so cheap :)

can you do part ex from internet sites?

richardp182 where did you get yours from in the end? Im in the south wales area..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

don.t settle for more than thirteen grand on the road with met and cup sus. got mine for twelve four nine five in racing blue with cup sus. that was from renault dealer in bury st edmunds-i was well impressed by them-no messing me about. that included diamondbrite too! best bet is to play a couple of dealers against each other and get price quotes from net to make dealer get as close as poss. hope that helps!

Quote: Originally posted by dirtydingo on 08 September 2004
I said to the guy Ive been quoted far less for non import 182s on the net and he got...i wouldnt say rude but very defensive and said the words "you may get them for that much else where but we sell them for £14600 and thats it"

Thats exacly what Renault Manchester said to me, so I f*cked them off and got mine from Motorpoint.

dk

911 GTS Cab

if you are buying from a dealer you are unlikely to get one with both suspension packs for under 13k without it being a pre-registered car, for first owner dealer supplied car aim for around 13-13.5k, could try ringing dealers as some will match a deal on the phone and then just drive to them to seal the deal, I didnt buy mine local as I managed to save over 2k by shopping around for a first registered owner uk dealer supplied car with both cup packs and cd changer.

Mondeo STTDCI

I was quoted £13500 from one dealer and £13000 from another.

You gotta go about it in the right way. Get him to spend time on you. Take a test drive. Let him think youll put a deposit down TODAY. Dont appear like you know too much.

Then we you sit down, take away the initiative from him. I just told mine..other dealers are doing them for £XXXXX. Whats your best deal?

Hell spin you some crap. I just laughed and said ok then Im off to another dealer as I know theyll do a deal elsewhere. Up pops the sales manager and out pops the calculator.

Shopped around Renault dealers but ended up going with http://www.new-car-discount.comhttp://www.new-car-discount.com. Cost me £13k for UK supplied Black Gold 182 with suspension and spoiler packs. When I bought they were advertising base 182 at £12.5k now theyve got it at £12k so should be able to get with options for around £12.5k.

Only issue is that theyre an online broker but I was really pleased with how it worked out.

No haggling, no hassle... and the customer service was really good too.

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by dirtydingo on 08 September 2004

where from FiXX... i hear all these quotes but no idea where to buy em from for so cheap :)

can you do part ex from internet sites?

richardp182 where did you get yours from in the end? Im in the south wales area..

yes you can part ex

Im looking to have the colour in black/gold. Is this metalic paint already or do you have black/gold in metalic and non metalic?

Is there just a plain metalic black? CONFUSED!

dirtydingo

I got mine from ukcarbroker.co.uk Very easy just ordered it and then sent the deposit, contacted a few days later by the company to check the order(colour and options ect) 5 weeks later i payed the balance on my debit card it was delivered to my home!!

how is it delivered? does some spotty teenager turn up after bombing it down the motorway?

if you part ex do they pick that up the same time they drop the new one off?

Haggle with the Dealer, mention the Car Supermarket prices, theyll say things like "not UK Car" etc, but if you know your facts you can put them in their place.

Challenge them to "match" or come close to the price, I did and he went from £15,700 (cup+6cd+met paint) down to £13,500 on first phone call, they will go lower as well.

This is where it gets harder to haggle "Price". But that doesnt mean you cant get stuff thrown in, or beat them up abit more.

1) Road Fun 12months, 2) Full Tank-o Fuel 3) Floor Mats 4) Free First Service or more 5) Free Valet Every Service (they can do this)

So it is a higher price, but your getting ALOT more

A very nice elderly gentleman from renault leicester drives it to you, i sold my car privately but i dont think that they take part ex (you will prob get more for your car privately anyway) you do get 5 to 6 weeks to sell it to!

Oh and always be prepared to walk away - yes you want the Car (desparately) but never let the dealer know that ;)

Just keep saying too high we cant do business at that price, youd be surprised how far you can get :) youll know when its "bottom line" when the dealer starts crying.

Also walking away can often prompt a "phonecall" just to check up if you got a Car yet from a dealer, with perhaps a better offer for you.

Exactly the same dealer experience as me. They (Nottingham) wouldnt go below £14100 with cup options at all. The werent interested that I could get it cheaper elsewhere and was told its up to you where you wanna buy from we will go to £14100 and thats it.

Got mine from Motorpoint for £12K OTR.

I orderd a new 182 from my local dealer for £13300, which includes both cup packs, met paint, R F L and a tank of fuel. they wouldnt go any lower on the price but they did add a supa-gaurd to the list, which I wasnt fussed about but it still made me happy knowing I got every thing I could from them.

Somtimes the smaller dealers offer better deals on new cars due to the fact they have less customers and find it harder to meet the sales targets given by Renault