ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 prices going up??

BMW 535D
just looking through auto trader website at the price of 182's and im actually very surprised!

i bought my 182 back in march, i paid £8700 for and 04 plate arctic 182 with both cup packs, with 17k on the clock

Now there are similar cars on the trader, some even with higher mileage then mine, that are up for nearing £10,000

hmmmmmmm interesting!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Agree . Now the wait is over for the new RS i think people are finding it abit of a let down compared to the 182 .

I'm sure i remember some threads a while back about how much the 197 will affect the second hand value of 182's :rasp:

MRBILLYUK said:
I'm sure i remember some threads a while back about how much the 197 will affect the second hand value of 182's :rasp:

That was probably when people though it had 197ps ;)

Fiesta ST3
i waited for the 197 to come out saw it didntreally like it and bought a 182ff really happy with it, i payed £10995 for a 54 plate with 8000 on the clock inc luggage net, headlight protectors, and a service..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Good choice . It still puts a smile on my face everytime i go out nearly 5 years and 2 RS's later :)

silver cup packed FF 182
yep think alot of people(rs owners) still prefer the 182/172 over the 197s not so along ago 182/172's seemed to be selling for cheap?!? now all of a sudden the owners have put the asking prices up

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Agree . I think Renault got it right with the 172 / 182's , imo they have taken a backward step with the 197 , definitely with the looks and maybe even performance wise .

Monaco Blue 172
out of curiosity did a search for 172's in my area (i bought last month) and there's frigging loads of them now! mostly silver too (i would have preferred silver, but never mind!). i had a choice of 3 when i bought lol. but these all have higher mileage for the price i paid :cool:
glad to see prices recovering!

Elise/VX220/R26
probably a lot of speculative sellers out there at the moment seeing if they can get enough for the 182s to trade "up" to the 197. I've been down to renault this morning and they have a 54 plate 182 with both cup packs for 10,500 thats in a main dealer

Monaco Blue 172
thats a good point actually. there must be a reason that the market is so flooded right now! its ridiculous! i've never seen so many on the go at one time, and i was looking for about a year (on & off) !

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
chris_m182 said:
just looking through auto trader website at the price of 182's and im actually very surprised!

i bought my 182 back in march, i paid £8700 for and 04 plate arctic 182 with both cup packs, with 17k on the clock

Now there are similar cars on the trader, some even with higher mileage then mine, that are up for nearing £10,000

hmmmmmmm interesting!

Wonder why they are not selling, same cars week in week out!

Near me there is a 54 plate cupped UK inferno 1 owner mint, started off at 11.3K week later 10.4K still for sale wonder why???

Only FF cupped recaro & trophy's are holding strong value @ the moment , due mainly too being rare.

Nissan 350Z
MRBILLYUK said:
^^^^ Agree . I think Renault got it right with the 172 / 182's , imo they have taken a backward step with the 197 , definitely with the looks and maybe even performance wise .

Definitely. IMO the 197 just does not move the game forward at all.

At least when we went from the 16v/williams to the 172, we saw improvements in performance, safety, equipment, and yet it still remained fun to drive.

Going now though from the 182 to the 197, well, from what i gather it may have more grip but not neccesarily better handling, worse performance and less kit, as well as a higher price. More importantly it seems to have lost the fun factor of the older Renaults, just as seems to be the trend with all new cars these days.

OK its now more refined and grown up, but most people who want a hot hatch dont want a grown up car. If we did we'd buy a BMW.

Domtheone struggled a few weeks back to find a good 182, although he was looking for Inferno so that narrowed the search down a bit. I knew I'd chosen the right colour when I ordered mine :approve:

pbirkett said:
Definitely. IMO the 197 just does not move the game forward at all.

At least when we went from the 16v/williams to the 172, we saw improvements in performance, safety, equipment, and yet it still remained fun to drive.

Going now though from the 182 to the 197, well, from what i gather it may have more grip but not neccesarily better handling, worse performance and less kit, as well as a higher price. More importantly it seems to have lost the fun factor of the older Renaults, just as seems to be the trend with all new cars these days.

OK its now more refined and grown up, but most people who want a hot hatch dont want a grown up car. If we did we'd buy a BMW.
Don't forget that they will do a Cup version at some point though, and I might have read something about a full on stripped-out one(?) so, like the 182 non-cup is quite rare, we might see a rise in sales of the 197 later on :)

White16valver said:
Don't forget that they will do a Cup version at some point though, and I might have read something about a full on stripped-out one(?) so, like the 182 non-cup is quite rare, we might see a rise in sales of the 197 later on :)

Cup version? What are they going to strip out, there's fcuk all in it to start with.

Elise/VX220/R26
renault nee dto sort out the ridiculous pricing before they start selling 197s in big numbers. The megane will be going up in price later this year if as rumoured they release a 250 bhp with LSD, that will ad 1-2k to list easily. Maybe they are waiting for the megane prices to go up to make the clio look remotely justifyable?

182FF c/w Recaros
Roy Munson said:
Domtheone struggled a few weeks back to find a good 182, although he was looking for Inferno so that narrowed the search down a bit. I knew I'd chosen the right colour when I ordered mine :approve:

And judging by some of the prices mentioned here I think I did ok with mine too:)