ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 pulls right on acceleration and left on decelerateion

RB Clio 182
Hi, I curbed my alloy last week so I bought a new tie rod, tack rod end and bottom ball joint, a new alloy and a new tyre.

I had all these fitted and the tracking done, but on the way to work last night I noticed that the car pulls to the right on acceleration, the veers back left on deceleration, its not massive amounts but enough to notice.

This all happens without the steering wheel turning.

What else could be bent? Wishbone? Everything else looked straight and my mechanic agreed with me.

Thanks for any help :)

Clio 172
I had exactly the same, so changed the whole lot and still did it and was driving me nuts. In the end it turned out to be the tires that were damaged on the inside....

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Did you change both tyres? If you've got either odd tyres or tyres with differing wear levels it could do it.

Clio 172
Yep, changed all tyres (front and rear) but this had to do with the fact that i wasnn't happy with the way they performed in the wet. By coincidence we discovered that the steel belts inside the tires had snapped and there was air in between the layers.

RB Clio 182
I only changed one because the other have done less than a thousand miles.

I changed the ball joint too, I'm thinking that the wishbone might be bent slightly but not enough to see with the naked eye.

RB Clio 182
Me and @dann2707 (thanks Dan, great guy) fitted my lemforder ball joint today and it still feels a bit off, pulling to the right then drifting to the left.

I'll swap wheels over tomorrow and take it from there.

BG Clio RS 182
Me and @dann2707 (thanks Dan, great guy) fitted my lemforder ball joint today and it still feels a bit off, pulling to the right then drifting to the left.

I'll swap wheels over tomorrow and take it from there.
-blows the dust of this post-

What was it in the end? I’m currently in the same boat. Steering goes slightly left when on power.. then straightens up when I let off/de-accelerate. Happened after cadwell.

I have slight play in my passenger ball joint (both getting replaced tomorrow), and then gunna check my gearbox mount. Cars on vibratechnic mounts so hopefully should be sound.

BG Clio RS 182
Wishbones were brand new genuine ones about 3 years ago. Both front and rear wishbone bushes have no play. Steering rack has no movement or play. Subframe I don’t think has bushes? I could be wrong. Front subframe mounting holes for wishbones re inforced with PMS weld in washers.

Cars done 10k in the last 2 years. Everything is pretty tight.

BG Clio RS 182
I’m gunna go with the bottom ball joints and hope that sorts it. Near side has play and I’m changing both sides tonight.

Also clicks/clunks when I’m bay parking - which also points towards ball joints.

Fingers crossed! As it’s doing my bloody head in haha