ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Purchase Question

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Hi lads.

Im collecting my 182 sat.

i wanna kno has anyone paid by debit card? (dealer said i can)

got 13.5k to pay - i just wanna kno if anyone had any probs? do u have to phone bank before hand? as its alot of money? or is it ok??

helpful replys please

rob hardy

they will probably have to call through when putting that kind of figure through you could pre warn your bank but usually they will just put the transaction through then be prompted to call the bank at which point they will hand the phone over to you where they bank will ask you some security questions just to confirm its not someone up to no good with your card, then if the funds are there it will be processed, piece of piss

Lee

BMW M2C

If I was you I would pre warn the bank unless you often make massive purchases on your Debit Card like that.

Some banks flag that up and stop the transaction until they have spoken with you.

I know a friend of mine had his card ripped off and somene tried to purchase a car on it, the bank called and asked if it was really him as it wasnt the sort of thing he usually does.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

ah thats cool. i was asking cos i kno say the banks you go to, say in town, close at 12 on sat. but phoning throughs ok? (sorry im just worried summats gona go really wrong somwher so wanna be reassured - never spent this much money)

Megane 225 baby! :)

They wont be phoning a high street bank, they would be phoning a clearing centre - so no worries! :)

Renault Laguna Coupe

I paid for mine on switch (around £18k) worked a treat, doesnt matter whether the banks are open or not. If you want some backup just take your chequebook, you can write a cheque and the dealer can validate it over the phone.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

ok cheers lads! more reasured now. am i to expect a call from him when the car arrives at dealership? also what do i do about insurance? as i dunno the reg? will he ask for a certificate?

normally the dealer will want the proof of insurance a couple of days or a day before you collect. they should know the reg if its that imminment so ring them and get it so you can sort out the policy or cover note with the insurance. the insurer can sometimes send a copy direct to the dealer too to save hassle

Renault Laguna Coupe

The garage can tell you the reg as soon as the car arrives, then you need to get some insurance and give the certificate to the garage so they can tax the car.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

i bought my 7k motorbike on switch and the bank didnt give a toss

not very reassuring really

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

ahh fair plays. its arriving at dealer wed, so ill call em then, and ask em the reg, and as soon as i get home ill try go online to get insurance. cant find any online places that list 182 tho - this is the latest prob, only list the 172!

S1 Elise 111S

i payed by switch, phoned the bank before and they said i shouldnt have bothered, as long as u have the cash in your bank.

try www.confused.com, then go direct to the lowest quoting ones and do it on there website, some were lower for some reason. Also elephant.com were pretty damn cheap. both had 182s, and make sure you say its got the factory fitted cup packs, if uve got them fitted that is :)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by FierceBanana on 08 November 2004

i payed by switch, phoned the bank before and they said i shouldnt have bothered, as long as u have the cash in your bank.

try www.confused.com, then go direct to the lowest quoting ones and do it on there website, some were lower for some reason. Also elephant.com were pretty damn cheap. both had 182s, and make sure you say its got the factory fitted cup packs, if uve got them fitted that is :)
there is no point as it only causes problems, best not to mention them as they are factory fitted options. A lot of companies will try and charge you extra when they are not supposed to.

Mondeo STTDCI

I agree with Dave182 about declaring the packs. The car hasnt been modified its all factory standard. No point confusing the operator into quoting you for a car with aftermarket spoilers and lowered suspension when they shouldnt be doing so.

I paid for my Renault 182 four weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon. I telephoned my bank to let them now I was paying by Debit Card and they said they do not need to know before hand. I would always call them just in case. When the card goes through the machine they will some times need to call the bank to get authorisation - they didnt with me.

Insurnace - I went through Tesco, they did charge me extra for the cup packs but they said it was to do with the increase in value if the car needs to be replaced (which sort of makes sense). However, the difference in premium probably pays for the cup packs in the space of two/three years. I will probably shop around at renewal date. I stayed with Tesco as I had my Subaru WRX with them and had paid in full for the year. If you stop mid term you only get a proportion of premiums back.

Best of luck with the 182

Paul

dk

911 GTS Cab

the silly thing is with the insurance, there are people on here that got a quote from direct line, one of them got charged for the cup packs and the other didnt even though both told about them, they just arent consistent, it seems to depend on the operator you get when you call up to what the decision is!

Boz

Arctic 182

Dont mention cup packs, just cause confusion as the lads above say. I shopped around and direct line were the cheapest.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

my old man reckons i shouldnt need to provide the certificat, just a insurnace number? im gonna be well pushing it for sat :-(

if he got the certificat on friday say - will he be able to tax it sat?