ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Racing Blue gordini stripes cup packs

GW Clio 200

Due to unfortuante circumstances I was unable to go ahead with the purchase of the 182 a few months ago. Now though things are a little different.

Im now looking at finally getting the 182 I have wanted for ages...

I have been thinking about colours, as certain peeps will remember I was going to get the 182 in Artic Blue and put the Cup Turinis on it. I love the look of my Cup and wanted it to be the same but with the toys of the 182..but!!

Racing Blue with the Gordini stripes is looking more and more tempting!!

I dont think there is anyone here that has that combination, if there is have you got any pics........

Yaris Hybrid

I would have had that combo but they couldnt fit the stripes at the factory.

Was extremely annoyed at the time.

Now I am glad I couldnt have them. I recommend going for racing blue with no stripes and with the cup pack wheels. Dont waste your time looking at pics cos I aint yet seen a pic that comes close to how it looks in real life.

You see everyone has started copying the stripes. I saw a Daewoo Matiz with them the other day. How long before every Corsa and Saxo has them?

dk

911 GTS Cab

I actually agree with Toypop, I would have the Racing blue with cup packs and no stripes.

The stripes are becoming very common and are appearing on many cars including a few 172 cups.

The car looks nice without them, it is a nice marketing tool for renault and if they were only on the racing blue 182 like is supposed to be the case to commemorate the famous Gordini car it would be cool, but on any other car they are just stripes but not on the racing blue. But this has now been spoiled just like viper stripes should only appear on vipers.

Dont get me wrong though, I love the stripes, hey just wouldnt help my car stay safe at night where it is parked.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I think its a bit of a cop out on Renaults behalf bunging stripes on a 182 in racing blue and going on about the Gordini.

I think if they wanted to commemorate a famous car then do so properly.Call it a 182 Gordini or something and make it stand out a bit more.Stripes and racing blue as standard of course,maybe a badge outside and something inside to make it stand out and maybe even a limited number.Then it would stand out and be sought after.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 20 August 2004

I think its a bit of a cop out on Renaults behalf bunging stripes on a 182 in racing blue and going on about the Gordini.

I think if they wanted to commemorate a famous car then do so properly.Call it a 182 Gordini or something and make it stand out a bit more.Stripes and racing blue as standard of course,maybe a badge outside and something inside to make it stand out and maybe even a limited number.Then it would stand out and be sought after.

you should work for renault!! :D

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah and besides my 60 year old boss knew what the Gordini was but to be frank being in my 20s I hadnt seen it before and couldnt give a monkeys!!

Better idea would be a yellow and white ultra limited edition turbo model to celebrate Renault introducing turbos to F1. A guaranteed classic.

Yeah but the £300 renault charge is a bit on the steep side, perhaps they dont think anyone will bother??

Mat

Ford Fiesta

every early pic and review of the car had the stripes though, im just surprised you cant get them yet. £300 is way over the top though!

I cant understand why they didnt finish them off by putting them down over the front and rear bumpers, it kinda looks like they either forgot or couldnt be arsed. Really makes it look unfinished IMHO.

saw one with the stripes being delivered to a showroom on the back of a transporter on the way back from brands last weekend. personally, im not a fan, i wouldnt drive one because its just asking for attention (from the police, for example...), but it looks alright with the blue. this one had all the ones down the doors too?

GW Clio 200

If I do go for the Racing Blue I have to have the Gordidni Stripes... I love the look of the car when Clarkson and the Stig are throwing it around the track for Top Gear!!

The Gordini Stripes will not make it llok like a matiz or a fecking Mini wannabee, they make it stand out as a 182... I would just love to see one in the flesh!!

I have been warned off of Black...those of you who have Black would you agree that they are a nightmare to keep clean? Do you regret getting the Black or do you think the Black is still the nicest colour for the 182?

Artic Blue is a lovely Colour its just that I think about 90% of people who have bought the 182 have it in this colour!!!

Silver...its not Iceberg and that was my favourite of all colours!! Although its still a great colour...

Back to Racing Blue and the more I look the more I like..but will Im worried that after a while of living with the colour I will regret not getting something a little more conservative........

Thoughts welcomed!!!

Elise/VX220/R26

182s are correct, sticking f**king stripes on them is a travesty, no matter what the historical reeasons they make a nice car look like a chavmobile

GW Clio 200

Are there any other places that I can buy the Gordini stripes apart from Renault...has anybody had them fitted by another company and how much did they cost??

dk

911 GTS Cab

you can get them fitted a load of places, i had my local dealer recommend a place that they use for their vans they have transferred. Should cost about £100-£150

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by matc on 24 August 2004

Heres my 182 in Racing blue with the comp. stripes. IMO it looks the nuts and when driving it gets the attention it deseves, anyways you can always take them off if you think they are getting too common.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/WesRS/matscarside.jpgPic 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/WesRS/mattscarrear.jpgPic 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/WesRS/matscarfront.jpgPic 3
whats happened to your stripes at the back, they seem to end in different places and look wrong?

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 29 August 2004

Heres my 182 in Racing blue with the comp. stripes. IMO it looks the nuts and when driving it gets the attention it deseves, anyways you can always take them off if you think they are getting too common.

whats happened to your stripes at the back, they seem to end in different places and look wrong?

Thats the third variation I have seen, right down the bumpers, just to the top edge of the bumpers and now this. I personally would go and ask for some money back, there has to be £40 of stripe missing there.

But seriously mine has no stripes and I really like the colour. Usually get favourable comments except from a couple of family members. Younger cousin said it looks hairdresser like and an uncle who is right into cars said the colour looks a bit flat, but he is getting on now and becoming a bit boring. He now drives a LWB Defender Td5 but with a 200bhp conversion, all black with big shiny alloys etc.

When its clean I think it looks great myself. Personal opinion but I am still not sorry I did not choose another colour.

Ford Fiesta

ive seena couple pass me I like it. It is a bit flat imo, but it will be its a flat colour not met pearl illusion etc, still nice though.

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 29 August 2004

182s are correct, sticking f**king stripes on them is a travesty, no matter what the historical reeasons they make a nice car look like a chavmobile
Im sorry I totally disagree!!

When a Mini has stripes it looks sporty, whats the difference..

I dont give a monkeys about the heritage!!!

If I felt it looked like a chavvie car with the Stripes I would not even consider it..

Download the Vid where Jeremy Clarkson tests the 182 from Illusions site, its here somewhere. The car looks absaloutely superb, the stripes just give the car that little bit more ....Charachter...thats what I want..something that is going to make it completely stand out from other Clios, the Racing Blue with Gordinis does that.

Mini Cooper S sport

That colour is GORGEOUS - lovely-looking motor. I do think the stripes should go further down at the back though, and I dont think it looks like a chavmobile.

I LOVE them in black too though - when theyve just been cleaned they look the nuts.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

imo car looks tacky with stripes.....much prefer it as it is!!

Elise/VX220/R26

yeah stand owt from the crod by been the only chav in the area at that moment until a metro comes oalong with them on ;)

Get the Racing Blue. Put the stripes on yourself or get me to do it for half the price Renault charge. If you get bored with them, take them off.

Elise/VX220/R26

yeah car look awsome, love that blue on the 182 with the black rims. But the stripes do make it look worse

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 29 August 2004

yeah stand owt from the crod by been the only chav in the area at that moment until a metro comes oalong with them on ;)
I have already seen a Daewoo Matiz with them.

GW Clio 200

And when a Metro of a Daewoo Matiz does come along will I be embarrassed..not really..because Im driving the 182 Gordini and will be proud of that!!

Incidentally, I have just ordered the Racing Blue With the Gordini Stripes and Im really happy with my decision, although Black is really nice ( I have just seen one driving home ) I really like the look of the Racing Blue!!!

Clio v6

Quote: the 182 Gordini ?

Its a Renault Clio 182 not a Renault 8 Gordini. Its a Clio with a couple of white stripes stuck on it.

In your face, chav, cheap, and very tacky. Im afraid I must join the majority in my opinion of this wee Clio.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 30 August 2004

And when a Metro of a Daewoo Matiz does come along will I be embarrassed..not really..because Im driving the 182 Gordini and will be proud of that!!

Incidentally, I have just ordered the Racing Blue With the Gordini Stripes and Im really happy with my decision, although Black is really nice ( I have just seen one driving home ) I really like the look of the Racing Blue!!!
I dunno its not about embarrassment just because the car with the stripes is unfashionable. Its about them becoming common and chavish. Its like the first person that fitted neon washer jets was well proud and happy with them but I bet they dont like them anymore even though many of the cars driving around with them are better than theirs!

I would have put the stripes on myself if I thought the only cars ever to have them would be racing blue 182s. However we have seen a 1.2 16v owner talking about fitting them, a Cup owner already has them, I have seen black and titanium 182s fitted with them and of course this new cheap special edition 182 is going to have them....

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 30 August 2004

I dunno its not about embarrassment just because the car with the stripes is unfashionable. Its about them becoming common and chavish. Its like the first person that fitted neon washer jets was well proud and happy with them but I bet they dont like them anymore even though many of the cars driving around with them are better than theirs!

I would have put the stripes on myself if I thought the only cars ever to have them would be racing blue 182s. However we have seen a 1.2 16v owner talking about fitting them, a Cup owner already has them, I have seen black and titanium 182s fitted with them and of course this new cheap special edition 182 is going to have them....

Yeah Im starting to see your point and the point of others and have decided to change the colour... I really like the look of the car in Racing Blue and wanted it to be different, but having heard what a few of you had to say and just having had a conversation with my brother in law who incidentally has a Black Pulsar, combined you have convinced me to change from Racing Blue to another colour, Im going to phone up tommorow to change my order and get the Black or Artic Blue....probably Black though!!!