ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Remap. Rs Tuning or K-tec?

Peddled device
It looks as if the K-tec remap gives better figures than the one from RS Tuning.
Which should l go for to remap my un-modded 182 Cup?

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
someone might correct me but i think they are the same. I think k-tec use the rs-tuning remap or something, i havent looked too much into it but thats what i can recall off of the top of my head!

It depends on the car gains wise. Personaly I'd not go with either it would be Pmurry or chipwizards etc as they will check the fueling when they map the car not just do off the shelf remaps as you need a remap for your car exact performace not a one type fits all.

Peddled device
The other thing l should look at is either a quick blast up to Leeds or a 370 mile round trip down south......but at the ned of the day l want whats best for the car.
All comments welcome :)

Polo GTi
Not slaggin off Paul, I know he's a good lad, but how come everyone is going for off the shelf maps these days and not a live type map?

Price I know is an issue, but would people not pay the extra and get the map to suit the car rather than another car?

Just wondering?

172 Cup (track) FS
what could really be achieved from a fully custom map on this engine when standard ?

not a great deal more than what a company like RSTuning can do I'd wager.

Since I had the Cup done it pulls like a train through the mid-range but still tails off around 7k - it's just that you can hold onto the revs for slightly longer in a certain gear when required. I doubt it produces vast quantities of extra horsepower, but the torque is certainly improved and all very smooth with no flat spots that I can notice.

I'm very impressed, having done a lot of remap testing on various 4 and 6 cylinder engines in recent years.

Paul was confident enough to supply the map for use with Milltek cats and K-Tec cat back and he was right to be confident IMO.

255 V6 Black Gold
RS Tuning is Pmurray edde!

i swear to you thats the first time i have EVER saw edde type anything wrong ha

edde, you are no longer the brain box of renault sport

hah just messing

Pmurray at Rstuning for me....

thats where i had mine done, spot on guy! good job done as well.

A4 Avant
I had mine done at RS Tuning. I'm Impressed with it. Only problem I have is that the car feels a little rough until it's warmed up. It wasn't like that before. If you keep the accelerator at the same position when cold it hits a certain amount of revs and it suddenly pulls a lot harder as if you've pressed down on the accelerator. Once warm it's absolutely perfect!

A4 Avant
^^^ Kinda good to know then, but mine didn't do it before. Pulling out of junctions with light throttle is fun in the wet, everythings fine next second I'm wheel spinning away! LOL.

Polo GTi
what could really be achieved from a fully custom map on this engine when standard ?

not a great deal more than what a company like RSTuning can do I'd wager.

Since I had the Cup done it pulls like a train through the mid-range but still tails off around 7k - it's just that you can hold onto the revs for slightly longer in a certain gear when required. I doubt it produces vast quantities of extra horsepower, but the torque is certainly improved and all very smooth with no flat spots that I can notice.

I'm very impressed, having done a lot of remap testing on various 4 and 6 cylinder engines in recent years.

Paul was confident enough to supply the map for use with Milltek cats and K-Tec cat back and he was right to be confident IMO.

Wasnt really talking about this thread more in general, was thinking more peolple spending money on mods etc, then getting a generic map.

Again I'm not slagging Paul off or any off the shelf chips, it just seems to me people spend loads of money on mods, then kind of skimp (IMHO so to speak) on a proper remap.

Mind you the VAG boys have been doing it for years.

172 Cup (track) FS
what's it really going to get out of the F4R engine though ? A few bhp ?

just not worth doubling the cost of the remap job - imho.

I see what you're saying about the desire to match everything as well as possible though ....

edit - slightly off-topic, I have thought about remapping the M3. But I can't be bothered with it as the engine is just great from factory. The Clio also has this attribute with the superb F4R engine but for track use I wanted something that could get the benefit of the uprated exhaust system. With a bigger budget and for a race car I can understand the point of going with a fully-custom ECU - but not for road use, again in my opinion.

a thirsty one
i will be darkening rs tuning's doors later in the year/start next year i hope to get mine remapped just one or two things i need to do first. I spent a while researching the different options and after a chat with paul at FCS its my recommendation.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Booked in for noon sat .... can't wait :)

Just going for a remap Dave? Not been convinced to add any other bits at the same time?

Would be interested to know what its like after, as my 182 is also stock at the mo.....:)

Polo GTi
what's it really going to get out of the F4R engine though ? A few bhp ?

just not worth doubling the cost of the remap job - imho.

I see what you're saying about the desire to match everything as well as possible though ....

edit - slightly off-topic, I have thought about remapping the M3. But I can't be bothered with it as the engine is just great from factory. The Clio also has this attribute with the superb F4R engine but for track use I wanted something that could get the benefit of the uprated exhaust system. With a bigger budget and for a race car I can understand the point of going with a fully-custom ECU - but not for road use, again in my opinion.

Yeah I see what your saying £££ / BHP but I paid £310 for my live remap by Wayne (Chipwizards) can't be much less for an off the shelf chip surely?

Does anyone know if Paul does cambelts too?

Peddled device
Booked in for noon sat .... can't wait :)

Just going for a remap Dave? Not been convinced to add any other bits at the same time?

Would be interested to know what its like after, as my 182 is also stock at the mo.....:)

Not yet.....cars still got Reno warranty left.Maybe after that l'll change the air feed,fit some decent seats & harnesses.....nothing over the top.

With a re-map whats the best exhaust (nothing loud) to fit and what gains would it produce?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
As i've said a few times, our maps are not off the shelf and have been developed on many many cars on the dyno with various mods. We can adjust for most mods due to having alot of dyno developed maps and knowing exactly what to change for what effect. Live mapping is often over rated and usually not needed for light mods( i have seen some real crap so called live maps). However.... we can also now live map most ecu's but would only suggest this for extreme mods such as cams etc.

P.S. 310 is very cheap, wayne must be mad lol

And we can do cambelts @ £430 inc VAT with aux belt & timing belt kit.

cup 182 mit stripes
Paul, like David Cameron, is on honey moon period. Seems like 5 minutes ago when he appeared with radical map, that other tuners were quick to castigate. Now they have taken him to their bosom, Ben has anyway, lol

Wonder who will be the first to **** him?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
;)

I'll probably see RS tuning if i get some cams fitted. No point getting it remapped with a standard lump, only for me to get it remapped again 10k later. Be around 30-40k ish, then get the cambelt done at the same time.

cup 182 mit stripes
Now gaz, what did ''THE JESUS'' say ? dont arse around with half cocked painty waisted ditherings. Be a man! go the whole hogg! ITB's cams ect.

What are you, a man or a mortgage? lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cams will do the clio fine! More to life then 5k on a clio lump :)

Deja vu 182
Quite fancy a remap myself would be interested to hear another opinion . Are both around the same price ?:)